Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Nope...

BLUEFLAME.jpg

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
cool i eat my foot then i was going on the ibiza's shouldnt asume they have the same performance parts :) anyway sports cat and downpipe will make a good diffrence!

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
cool i eat my foot then

:lol: Noooooo!! Don't eat your foot!! :cartman:

This will be my next purchase before the remap... Been following the Piper development thread & seen the 'before & after' power run graphs, the new Piper turbo back system has made hell of a difference over stock! :funk:

Piper.jpg

Not sure what the downpipe / cat looks like on the Mk4, but on the LCR, even as one section (DP & cat), they're actually two seperate parts ;)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
and the down pipe comes out the same as my ihi on the lcr from the looks of the pics as the beezer the d.p bolts directly straight onto tubo

Sportscat.jpg

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Ah, I see :) There isn't a lot of choice when it comes to exhausts for the LCR.

There are a few companies who do a cat back system for the LCR (centre section & back box) and Blueflame & Milltek do a high flow cat that bolts to the standard DP, but up until recently, there was only really APR and Blueflame who made DP's (The APR one selling for about a grand!!!!).

But now Piper have developed several options for the LCR. As far as I know, Piper are the only people who offer the DP & cat as one section (also available as seperate items), and even the option of ceramic coating (the one in the pic).

I've not actually seen the DP & cat all in one section like this before, just assumed they were all different sections (DP, cat, centre section, back box).

Anyway, sorry for any confusion... that'll teach us for hijacking your Mk4 threads! :p lol

225 Cupra R

Jun 17, 2007
Hi Everyone,

Got my Miltek exhaust put on today and all i can say is wow! i love the way at low revs it doesn't sound like a boy racer chav exhaust and then when you floor it sounds amazing, me and my brother were discussing it on the way down there and we thought it wasn't going to sound as nice as an exhaust on a petrol car but apart from pops and bangs i think it does sound like a petrol. i only went for the cat-back system as jabba said if i went for whole thing would put more stress on my turbo for not much power gains(which i must say is very honest of them would have been in their intrest for me to buy the whole system) i am trying to make the car faster without compromising to much of the reliability but knowing me in a few weeks i will be back there getting the rest done also the car feels alot more responsive at higher speeds, next mods are FMIC and clutch then will take it back to jabba for a bit of a re-map tweek to get a bit more power, will do some recordings at some point tommorow but i'm sure you have all heard it before hahaha

so did you just get the cat back ? are you looking at changing cat to sports cat and down pipe in near future, or just keeping to cat back. piper have designed a new 3" DP with sports cat? how does the car drive with just cat back. cannot make my mind up for which to get, just cat back???? don't know if it will liven up throttle response.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
so did you just get the cat back ? are you looking at changing cat to sports cat and down pipe in near future, or just keeping to cat back. piper have designed a new 3" DP with sports cat? how does the car drive with just cat back. cannot make my mind up for which to get, just cat back???? don't know if it will liven up throttle response.

If it's a Milltek system you really want for your LCR, I have a high flow cat & cat back system for sale ;)

225 Cupra R

Jun 17, 2007
If it's a Milltek system you really want for your LCR, I have a high flow cat & cat back system for sale ;)

ok, please go ahead and tell me the price, how old is it, how long you have had it on the car, why are you now selling it ?:rolleyes:

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
It's in the for sale section, brand new, never fitted it. I'm selling as I've just bought a full Piper turbo back system. :)

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
why did you buy a piper system when you havd a milltek at home??

I bought it because:

a) I wrote to Milltek about a DP for the LCR and they said they were developing one, and hoped to put it into production in 3 months (back in July)

b) Awesome had a 'one day special' so I got it at a good price (before Piper development had finished)

I'm selling it because:

a) Despite numerous emails & requests for updates on the Milltek DP development over the past 4 months, I've had no replies whatsoever.

b) Milltek have changed the tailpipe design, and I'm not keen on the new one

c) Rather than take a chance and spend a small fortune on a Piper DP that "might" fit to the Milltek, and "make do" with a tailpipe I don't really like, I decided sell it as a whole, and buy a new Piper as a whole.

Just seemed easier that way :)

Besides, just over £600 for a £950 Milltek system... bargain for someone :p I got it for a stupidly cheap price (better than any GB I've seen!) and I've knocked another ton off that! :blink:

Tommyh

guess its a tad late to join the thread now but hey ho....

wasnt overly impressed with the sound on my milltek on my tdi. was i expecting too much? doesnt even sound like a petrol!

:cry:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
guess its a tad late to join the thread now but hey ho....

wasnt overly impressed with the sound on my milltek on my tdi. was i expecting too much? doesnt even sound like a petrol!

:cry:

It will never sound like a petrol; it's a diesel ;)

But I think they sound alot better than the standard exhaust. I love my Milltek, but then mine is petrol.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Anyone fancy organising a new group buy on these Millteks? I'd like to replace my Powerflow jobby with one. They just seem to be better quality. Mine would be alright but I never should have decatted it. :doh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise