Mirror Link Activation

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
Joy-of-joys.

<face palm> car went in to have software updated for full link and to have the headlight washers looked at. Not only did they fail at updating the software (apple car play and androidauto are unavailable, just mirror link -- and of course doesn't work with my phone, as it's an apple) And an unconnected issue; they found that someone had screwed the numberplate on too much and punctured the pipe for the headlight washers!

So I've had to book it back in for extra work on the 29th. And to rub salt in the wound they've misaligned the bumper when reattaching!

I'm pretty miffed.

Anyway, has anyone experienced this issue where just Mirror link is available and not Android-Auto nor Apple CarPlay is available after the update?. The Techs. at Stoneacre are rubbing their heads! :(

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Mirrorlink only

My June 2015 Nav High has only ever had Mirrorlink from the get go and apparently can't be updated to Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Mirrorlink on it's own seems pointless and I have never derived any benefit from it - if anyone knows differently, then I'm all ears!

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
What model year is your car? take a photo of the info on the setups scren fi your not sure.

2013 -- FR Technology, which I'm pretty sure they offered the option on when advertising. Think I found a WhatCar test which speaks about this as an option on these FR's. The annoyance is that my Car is fitted with EVERYTHING, accept Auto Lights, Wipers and dimming Interior mirror; not that - that affects the entertainment system. :)

Cheers :thumbup:

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
My June 2015 Nav High has only ever had Mirrorlink from the get go and apparently can't be updated to Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Mirrorlink on it's own seems pointless and I have never derived any benefit from it - if anyone knows differently, then I'm all ears!

Ah, now that's interesting. :blink:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
2013 -- FR Technology, which I'm pretty sure they offered the option on when advertising. Think I found a WhatCar test which speaks about this as an option on these FR's. The annoyance is that my Car is fitted with EVERYTHING, accept Auto Lights, Wipers and dimming Interior mirror; not that - that affects the entertainment system. :)

Cheers :thumbup:

Nah your car can't have Android Auto etc.

Was only available on MIB2 systems ie 2015-onwards

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
2013 fr

Pretty sure that Stoneacre shouldn't have even attempted to install Full link on your 2013 FR as the hardware is not compatible from that era.

My Nav High was a £900 option and still isn't compatible with Full link retro install............ arghhh!!!

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
Pretty sure that Stoneacre shouldn't have even attempted to install Full link on your 2013 FR as the hardware is not compatible from that era.

My Nav High was a £900 option and still isn't compatible with Full link retro install............ arghhh!!!

Noooo! You're absolutely right my friend. Now I'm doubly irritated. :cry:

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
Oh! I called the garage to inform them about these issues with the 2013 model. I was told that because my car is a 'crossover' model (As in a late 2013-15) it has the option to upgrade due to the software running on the head unit. And indeed the interface matches the newer models. I was also told that Seat wouldn't have let them order the upgrade IF the car wasn't able to be updated. <<I suspect though this just means it can be updated but only to Mirror-link and not Android-auto etc.

BOTHER.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Mirrorlink upgrade

Interesting response from Stoneacre! The trouble with Mirrorlink, not only does it have limited functionality, it is also only supported by a relatively small range of android mobile phones and as you've already observed, it doesn't work with iphones...................

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Oh! I called the garage to inform them about these issues with the 2013 model. I was told that because my car is a 'crossover' model (As in a late 2013-15) it has the option to upgrade due to the software running on the head unit. And indeed the interface matches the newer models. I was also told that Seat wouldn't have let them order the upgrade IF the car wasn't able to be updated. <<I suspect though this just means it can be updated but only to Mirror-link and not Android-auto etc.

BOTHER.

Crossover 2013-2015...... :cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman:

My MY14 cant be done.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
SeatMadSnapper,

I was about to write the same as Famandy1, because I have exactly the same situation. Mine is MY2015 and missed the MIBII unit by 8 weeks for MY2016.

If you look back through my posts I'm sure I gave a link to what the dealers should have got reference which cars can be upgraded from non Full Link to Full Link. That's what my dealer sent me.

The original up to MY2015 Nav High units with Mirrorlink cannot be updated to Full Link.

Agree Mirrorlink on its own is rubbish for me.

Still with bluetooth and Android Auto App I can just about have the same.

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
SeatMadSnapper,

I was about to write the same as Famandy1, because I have exactly the same situation. Mine is MY2015 and missed the MIBII unit by 8 weeks for MY2016.

If you look back through my posts I'm sure I gave a link to what the dealers should have got reference which cars can be upgraded from non Full Link to Full Link. That's what my dealer sent me.

The original up to MY2015 Nav High units with Mirrorlink cannot be updated to Full Link.

Agree Mirrorlink on its own is rubbish for me.

Still with bluetooth and Android Auto App I can just about have the same.

Hell. So do you guys have the full link icon showing in the rotating menu? (sorry can't attach an image) :-o

Problem is. The garage aren't listening to me now ... and I fear they're going to faff around until they hear back from Seat technical. I'm considering sending them this thread. ;)

Cheers Guys.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Hell. So do you guys have the full link icon showing in the rotating menu? (sorry can't attach an image) :-o

Problem is. The garage aren't listening to me now ... and I fear they're going to faff around until they hear back from Seat technical. I'm considering sending them this thread. ;)

Cheers Guys.

Yes the Icon is on mine, as far as I'm aware the Nav High gave a larger/better screen, better Sat Nav and Mirror Link from factory. Don't quote me exactly.

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
Yes the Icon is on mine, as far as I'm aware the Nav High gave a larger/better screen, better Sat Nav and Mirror Link from factory. Don't quote me exactly.

Ah, that's good to know as Stoneacre are using the fact that it's displaying the icon that it will take the full upgrade. :clap:

I won't quote you. ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.