Mirrors heated?

owner101

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by permanently (i.e. always ?) but the heating does only come on with the demister on my new one.

MaKSiNG

exTT owner, back to VAG
Jun 3, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Does anyone know if the '02 model's mirrors were also heated?

My BMW's mirrors used to be heated permanently as soon as you turn on the ignition. I thought that was weird too, but then I suppose it is not like they have to be heated to get hot, they just warm very slightly.

Tony_Essex

Nov 27, 2001
Essex
Visit site
Yes they are heated. They come on when you put the rear demister on. All cars I have had over the past 15 years have had heated door mirrors, still only found need for them about once or twice a year. Would prefer electric heating on the leather seats, as mine get a bit chilly in the winter months.

DU02

For Sale!!
Jan 4, 2002
Wiltshire
All Leons are switch activated heated mirrors. It must be possible to change because some mark 4 Golfs (with same switches and mirrors) that are exported to North America have them on all the time and moving the little knob to the left or right (ie the neutral position to adjust that mirror) selects heating to only left or right mirror. Wierd eh?

lbr66cov

Heated mirrors

Hi
Sorry to all about bringing this old thread up i tried creating my own thread but it didnt work

My rear window demister and heated wing mirrors are not working (demisting) the wing mirror switch is at 12 and the rear demister switch lights up when pressed in and i left it on for a good 20 mins and still not heating the mirrors or rear screen(the 2 fuses are ok) anybody know where the relay is? and how to test it?
Thanks

lbr66cov

Heated mirrors

Thanks Lee
Any idea which relay is for the rear demister and heated mirrors?

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Hi
Sorry to all about bringing this old thread up i tried creating my own thread but it didnt work

My rear window demister and heated wing mirrors are not working (demisting) the wing mirror switch is at 12 and the rear demister switch lights up when pressed in and i left it on for a good 20 mins and still not heating the mirrors or rear screen(the 2 fuses are ok) anybody know where the relay is? and how to test it?
Thanks

Mine does the same thing. Light comes on but doesnt defrost the mirrors or rear window. I always thought just the heating elements in the mirrors had burnt out, but maybe it's the relay then :confused:

Will have to investigate as winters pretty much here now.

lbr66cov

Heated mirrors

I have spare heated mirrors that i tried and they are still not heating up i just gota find out which relay is for the heated mirrors and rear screen demist

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
No relay. Just the switch. Mirror heating is fed from the door control unit (so only signalled from the dash switch, power comes from elsewhere) so the fault is probably in the switch on the dashboard.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Pop it out and check with a meter first. Although the switch is not expensive you'd feel annoyed if you changed it and it was no help. Check the fuse (26) as well, if you haven't already.

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
Is the car deffinately fitted with heated windows? That is the other issue possibly.
Relay not at fault as they are switched by the door control module as said above. Control module could be at fault, but have never come across that affecting mirrors before in a VAG.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
order a decent switch
the standard one requires you to remember to switch off

the decent on turns off after 9min :)

look for thread, what switch goes here, pics & prices & part numbers in it

lbr66cov

Heated mirrors

Hi
I replaced the heated rear demister switch today and the rear demister and heated mirrors are still not working, both fuses are ok and not blown and i know i have heated mirrors as they were working ok (about a month ago) and the rear demister was ok aswell but as i said neither are working now,,, the mirrors are folding and adjusting as normal

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members