Mirrors not folding.

Ralphyk24

May 23, 2019
Hi all,

When I lock my car the mirrors aren't folding even though I have the option ticked in the settings?

The mirrors close manually when I click the button around into the folded position, so I know there's nothing wrong with the electrics.

Can anyone help me?

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
Usually it requires you to long press lock on key fob.
To lock on single press requires OBD11 or vcds changes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ralphyk24

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
This will sound stupid but trust me it will be your automatic windows.

The auto fold mirrors only fold if the windows are fully up. So if the car can’t tell if the windows are up or not it doesn’t fold the mirrors on lock (holding down lock or if a newer car or VCDS/OBD11 programmed the close on one click lock)

So to check which window is the culprit, try the one touch close or one touch open on your windows. One of them won’t work.

Once you know which one needs resetting your laughing. All you need to from memory is wind the window down all the way and hold the button for 5 seconds. Then raise the window all the way to the top and hold for 5 seconds. On the up one you may need to let go once it’s at the top and then hold it closed for 5 seconds. You’ll here a click when you’re doing it.

If the auto close still isn’t working after that it maybe I’ve not quite remembered the procedure correctly. But you only need to reset the window that isn’t working, not all.

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
The same happened to me, the passenger side window wouldn’t one touch open or close. Look at handbook to reset the windows and that should sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kgp280

Apr 19, 2018
Had the same fault a few months back. :censored:
Ended up going into the car settings menu and doing a factory reset which solved the problem:clap:

Ralphyk24

May 23, 2019
Thanks guys, gave the window thing a go and it worked a treat. I now have functioning folding wing mirrors.

Reactions: Damo H

Stanley Deakin

May 25, 2018
This will sound stupid but trust me it will be your automatic windows.

The auto fold mirrors only fold if the windows are fully up. So if the car can’t tell if the windows are up or not it doesn’t fold the mirrors on lock (holding down lock or if a newer car or VCDS/OBD11 programmed the close on one click lock)

So to check which window is the culprit, try the one touch close or one touch open on your windows. One of them won’t work.

Once you know which one needs resetting your laughing. All you need to from memory is wind the window down all the way and hold the button for 5 seconds. Then raise the window all the way to the top and hold for 5 seconds. On the up one you may need to let go once it’s at the top and then hold it closed for 5 seconds. You’ll here a click when you’re doing it.

If the auto close still isn’t working after that it maybe I’ve not quite remembered the procedure correctly. But you only need to reset the window that isn’t working, not all.
Brill it worked for me and sorted the mirrors out AOK THANKS

Reactions: Damo H
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.