Mirrors won't unfold! Urgent!

creesteN

Apr 6, 2016
Hey guys.

I pressed the button between the two seats and turns it around and fiddled to see what it does as this is my new car. It's 2009 1P Leon.

All of the sudden my driver mirror folded in but my passenger didn't. Then I was stuck as it moved out halfway and no more. Then again, driver mirror moved out passenger moved in and could not get both of them to fold out.

Now I'm stuck with both in, plus I noticed before when something actually worked that the mirror is heavily shifted up on the passenger side and all I can see is the sky.

How can I fix this guys? Please help! When I try to push them it's impossible to get them out.

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
Hey guys.

I pressed the button between the two seats and turns it around and fiddled to see what it does as this is my new car. It's 2009 1P Leon.

All of the sudden my driver mirror folded in but my passenger didn't. Then I was stuck as it moved out halfway and no more. Then again, driver mirror moved out passenger moved in and could not get both of them to fold out.

Now I'm stuck with both in, plus I noticed before when something actually worked that the mirror is heavily shifted up on the passenger side and all I can see is the sky.

How can I fix this guys? Please help! When I try to push them it's impossible to get them out.

You will break the mirror before you can move it so don't try that :)

But the mirrors on our cars have their own life sometimes... All you can do is disconnect the battery for several minutes to let the system set and turn the knub so the little dot faces the rear seats and then connect the battery again and put the ignition on and try to turn the knub to position "R or L" to see if the mirror unfold

Hope you solve it! Let me know how goes

Last edited:

creesteN

Apr 6, 2016
You will break the mirror before you can move it so don't try that :)

But the mirrors on our cars have their own life sometimes... All you can do is disconnect the battery for several minutes to let the system set and turn the knub so the little dot faces the rear seats and then connect the battery again and put the ignition on and try to turn the knub to position "R or L" to see if the mirror unfold

Hope you solve it! Let me know how goes

Place it towards rear seats (so that they are in the fold position?), disconnect battery, connect again, ignition on, and then R or L?

What about the mirror placement? What does pushing in the button do?

Last edited:

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
Place it towards rear seats (so that they are in the fold position?), disconnect battery, connect again, ignition on, and then R or L?

What about the mirror placement? What does pushing in the button do?

Correct but keep the battery disconnected for 2-4 mins :) if you won't wait hold the + and - together that will also reset system

creesteN

Apr 6, 2016
I did as told. Everything in the car (computer, time etc) is reset. The mirror still doesn't come out.

Mu5hy

Jan 4, 2016
I always close my murrors on my FR when i lock it by holding the lock button for 3 seconds. That locks the car, shuts and windows and wing mirrors. Leave the inside knob on R or L. Get out and lock the car. Hold lock button for 3 seconds. Both mirrors should close. Then the next time you turn ignition on, mirrors will unfold!
Mine very rarely do wuat yours have done but this fixes it.