misfire, engine management light

fk1nrapid

Evening guys, was driving my remapped mk1 Leon 150 tdi at around 60mph in 6th gear when suddenly the engine died. Within a second it revved back up. It did this several times untill the engine just died and the car juddered to a stop. Whilst this was going on the dashboard lights was like blackpool illuminations,from the engine managment light flashing, the glow plug light flashing, the engine oil pressure light flashing to a buzzer sounding. once stopped and the ignition off there was a tapping noise from behing the dash. I restarted the engine and the engine management light stayed on but the car ran fine. Once I reached my destination I left the car, returned an hour and a half later and engine managment light is now off and car runs sweet as a nut.

Try working that one out lads. Im bamboozled. Coz car is running fine now its showing no faults!!

Cheers:(

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
You need someone to scan it with VCDS (formerly known as vag-com) to see what fault codes are stored.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Try working that one out lads. Im bamboozled. Coz car is running fine now its showing no faults!!

Cheers:(

anyone remember that teletext game?

anyway... i'm not very mechanically minded, but from what you're saying the engine was starved of fuel for a few split seconds until one was long enough to stall the engine.
my first stop would be the diesel filter. when was it last replaced? i had a similar (but never stalled) problem and a new fuel filter sorted it all out.

fk1nrapid

Fuel filter was changed at last service. 40,000 miles. now done 47,000 so only done 7000miles. i have a full service every 10,000. take it to mates garage so he does everything everytime. dont believe in manufactuer servicing as they do nothing, except charge a fortune

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise