Misfire issues!!

Jonnym

Sep 11, 2016
Hi I'm a newbie on here, had my cupra r 1m for 5 years with no issues other than the odd coil pack going down, last week it developed a misfire on cylinder 1&2, whilst trying to find the fault it has now changed to cylinder 2&4?? I've replaced the spark plugs and tried new coil pack and still have the issue, when I swap the coil packs over the misfire doesn't follow so I'm at a loss right now and meant to be going on a rally at start of October! I won't be if I don't get this solved, I know I'm new and there's possibly something been posted about this issue in the past but I have no idea on how to find it.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Is the misfire at all rpm? Or just under boost? If it's under boost/load then maybe it's a fueling issue? Have you tried replacing the fuel filter etc,, maybe it's just blocked. What is your longterm fuel trim if you have access to it.

Last edited:

Jonnym

Sep 11, 2016
It's at idle and through rev range, not sure on trims as don't have access to it, and it's not an intermittent thing, it doesn't cause the engine to die at all, not tried the filter, maybe worth a look, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk