Misting headlights

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hi,

I have an issue with both my non xenon headlights misting up. I have noticed alot of other seats on the road with the same issue so I am think I am right in saying this is possibly a common issue.

Aswell as misting after heavy rain or snow foaming the car, I also sometimes get droplets of water inside the headlight unit so obviously the units have a leak somewhere.

The previous owner has drilled a hole in the plastic backing on the rear of each unit. I have covered the holes and used a hairdryer to blow hot air into the units to dry them out but after about 24 hours the water/moisture was back so there must be a leak in the seals.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to get it sorted? Is it a case of just using some sealant around the units? Do the headlights need to be removed to be sealed??

Thanks in advance

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Hi
My 2010 headlight done the same and the lad at work check the covers are closed properly mine done it in the cold or when raining it is a common problem I believe nothing can be done about it it just goes away again itself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Yeah, mine were fine until I had to change a bulb in heavy rain, then one of them started misting up. I've not tried to dry it out but it should be possible, whether it fixes it long term i coudlnt say.

t121anf

May 14, 2004
I have Xenons and one started to mist, I tried removing the moisture with a hairdryer etc but it soon misted again. Turns out one of the screw mounts was missing from the cover, replaced the cover and the problem went away and hasn't returned.

Most annoying part of this is that SEAT must have broke the cover when doing the cambelt/water pump as there has been no other work in that area, of course I can't prove it.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Why don't you first grease the rubber seal from the back cover (when the mist has gone) . I have had a lot of mist in them and tried the hairdryer as well, with an opened back cover. Did that about 3 Saturdays (approx 20 minutes the last 2 times) and there is no more mist in mine for a while now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZUK Z2121 met Tapatalk
Is this the area that is usually the cause of the misting then. Like I said the previous owner has drilled holes in the plastic rear cover that doesn't seem to help any so I am wondering if to replace the covers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.