Misty Headlights

ColinM

I've seen on the forum about the common problem of misty headlights and one of the cures being to drill some 3mm holes in the housing. Anyone tried this and does it work? Where do you drill the holes and is the housing double skinned or do you drill right through to behind the lense?

Picking the Ibiza up on Saturday and first thing I'll do is make sure the bulbs are fitted correctly and then seal the covers with some silicon grease or Vaseline to hopefully stop this problem before it starts.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
there is a black plastic cover on the rear of the headlight, this is the cover you need to remove in order to replace bulbs

just remove them and drill a couple of 3mm holes in them then refit

loads of people have done this and most find that it makes the mist a hell of a lot better and some find it cures it completely, spose it depends how bad the mist is but deffo use a hair dryer in there whilst the covers are off and being drilled

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
well ive been in the dealer today and had a right go at them about my misting as it looks a mess and isnt clearing and they have taken pictures and sent them off to "seat hq" and there now awaiting instructions on from seat hq weather to change them or not.

its propa cr*p how its a common fault and they dont seem to wanna do anything about it

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
well ive been in the dealer today and had a right go at them about my misting as it looks a mess and isnt clearing and they have taken pictures and sent them off to "seat hq" and there now awaiting instructions on from seat hq weather to change them or not.

its propa cr*p how its a common fault and they dont seem to wanna do anything about it

new headlights will mist up just the same I bet money on it

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Seat are aware of this problem. Someone posted a paper from Seat a while ago on here and it had instructions to dealers on how to fix this...but its up to them whether they actually do :)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset

They did that with mine. Got one new headlight even though both were misting.

The new one looks like oil is smeared all over the inside of it like. :confused: Doesnt look clean if you get me?

And as Nathwarr said - this year it has steamed up a little.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.