Mk.2 Cupra - Boost Gauge Question/Advice?

Lee M

Hi Guys,

Does the Mk.2 Cupra have any type of boost reading on its dash computer? If is there anyone that does pillar pod units for the Mk.2?

Debating weather to leave my boost and oil temp gauges in my Mk.1 LCR when I put it up for sale?

Cheers all

Lee

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
No and no.

You can mount a boost guage in the air vent - but its quite expensive. I,ve put mine here

Photo0631.jpg

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
This mightt be the type of thing you are after.

LCT Vario Plus Control module.

Gives your MFD more functions including boost.

Lee M

Thanks for your responses guy's i'll have a look into both options. I've found boost a real good unit to have on display/available whilst owning my LCR, great for fault finding.

I'll post up anything I end up doing.................not collected the car yet though :redface:

Thanks again :)

Last edited by a moderator:

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
No and no.

You can mount a boost guage in the air vent - but its quite expensive. I,ve put mine here

Photo0631.jpg

Hi Blade

Can you tell me where you fed the wires from the gauge to keep them out of sight. Was thinking of putting the pod at the base of the windscreen infront of the A pillar but can't see an easy way to hide the cables!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Paul

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I had it fitted professionally so can,t really answer that. It did take the techie a long time routing the boost tube through the bulk head.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Not too expensive fitting the gauge in the vent. Local supplier charged me equivalent of 25pounds to make the two bezel plates required.

I think you should get loads if these made up and sell them!:D
I've been trying to make my own today but have ruined about 10 ! :( it's not going well for me!

Deleted member 53697

Its funny you should mention that mate as I'm just in the process of getting this done!!!
I am about to post a "Group Buy" thread.

If I can find 25 people, they come in at £10 + postage. This is for a SINGLE PIECE (should make fitting a bit easier) unit with a gloss black finish.

The only problem I can forsee is universal fitment for different boost guages...
I would like to use a defi guage and produce some sort of insert to allow 52mm and 60mm gauges. Anyways, working on this now! lol

Cheers,
Patrick

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Its funny you should mention that mate as I'm just in the process of getting this done!!!
I am about to post a "Group Buy" thread.

If I can find 25 people, they come in at £10 + postage. This is for a SINGLE PIECE (should make fitting a bit easier) unit with a gloss black finish.

The only problem I can forsee is universal fitment for different boost guages...
I would like to use a defi guage and produce some sort of insert to allow 52mm and 60mm gauges. Anyways, working on this now! lol

Cheers,
Patrick

The gauge I fitted was 52mm mate, think you may struggle to get a 60mm into the vent.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members