1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

MK 3 280 Stage 3

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by theoldboy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. theoldboy

theoldboy The Beast from the East

They will all turn into Battery Replacement Centers or based what i have seen on Tesla way forward there will be fast charging stations but only for specific makes of cars so it will be like hunting down the V Power station just more often

Seastormer likes this.
  2. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

Have you not heard, BP and Starbucks will be partnering to happily extract your hard earned money for Coffee / Cakes, whilst you Fast charge your car for 15 minutes in the mass carpark that will be Petrol stations.... Or Tesco offering free electric charging as you shop...

3. theoldboy

Fitted Stop Start Memory module today and does the job its supposed to (It remembers how you set it even though you have turned off and re started the car).

Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 17.48.09.png

This particular module has two types and for the Leon the connection settings were

Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 17.49.53.png
    Very happy with this, when I turn off the stop start it stays off till i use the button to turn it back on.

Open items for me are to try and find the Long Coding to turn off the yellow light when its turned off.

TheSwede likes this.
  4. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

To True, currently there are multiple consortiums deciding on what type of Plug we will use to charge our cars, bit like BetaMax vs VHS...

Seastormer and theoldboy like this.
  5. TheSwede

TheSwede Full Member

When I got my Cupra R in October last year I expected the need of VCDS tweak to disable S/S. I was amazed when I pushed the S/S button and then turned off the engine. The setting was stored! No need to press the button again after new start.

My Golf Alltrack -18 got the VCDS tweak since it doesn’t store last button setting.

/Peter

6. theoldboy

You would have thought that VAG would check out what people most complain about (stop start) and it would cost very little to fix it across the range but what do I know.

7. theoldboy

Just to update this, this latest version of the module means you can actually turn it off, all you have to do is hold the stop start switch for 5 sectons and it turns off the module so the switch goes back to stock mode (eg it goes back to on each time you restart the car). Hold the stop start button for 5 seconds and the module is back on again.

The only reason I see for this is is you are taking the car into dealer with warranty you can turn it off and hide it from dealership.

8. bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr Delete. Beat. Repeat...

Just got through the thread, what a build!! Im surprised you didn't have the recirc/dv sooner. How does it sound? :D

9. theoldboy

@bigT's lcr Not noticed noise but under power she (the car) is not quiet, but throttle response has improved

bigT's lcr likes this.
  10. Sparkie

Sparkie Angling Adict.

Sadly it’s just not possible.
    All a trick. And selling a lifestyle that is impossible to fulfill to the masses.
    The formula only works when about 5% of the population use electric.
    Thinking about it, it occurred to me that if everyone came home at 6 pm and plugged in their electric cars our NationalGrid would collapse.
    It nearly does after a Christmas East Enders
    We would need a nuclear power station in every major city just to stop a melt down.
    Hybrid self charging and hydrogen cells are the only way forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

louiskopite and bigT's lcr like this.
  11. theoldboy

Fully agree it's a dream but if the Govt's of Europe making everybody switch to Diesel has taught me anything they are not planning.

And having read this article this morning https://www.hl.co.uk/news/2019/4/16/europe-car-groups-face-huge-profit-hit-to-cut-co2 I am guessing small cars are gone and this article https://www.hl.co.uk/news/2019/4/15/volkswagen-pushes-battery-partners-to-build-gigafactories tells me that electric is what VW are going down and even if they are not fully electric there is still going to be a big drain on the national grid.

My local sparkie has already told me he has been advised by local grid people that there will be no guarantee of supply and to build accordingly.

Adding in to that in the UK and Netherlands they are starting to legislate to ban Gas Boilers in New Builds (2025) so lets hope the heat soak (pump) can pick up the slack.

On to the lighter side of things now I have some upgrades being done during May that will improve my car on both road and track - more details in May but I am very excited.

#371 theoldboy, Apr 16, 2019 at 9:16 AM
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 9:33 AM
    louiskopite, bigT's lcr and Sparkie like this.
  12. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

Your spot on, VW got burned so much by Dieselgate that they are looking to faze out Diesels completely.

My personal crystal ball says that we will all have one car in the future, a classic petrol powered one, for weekends and trackdays :). For travel to / from work we will lease a pure electric vehicle but when we need to go on holiday 400 miles away, we will swap it out for a hybrid....

louiskopite, bigT's lcr and theoldboy like this.