Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

MK 3 280 Stage 3

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by theoldboy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+
    Staff Member

Oh my that's quite a difference. Do you know the price difference between buying a full standard setup and the revo setup just to put that 52 feet in perspective lol

2. theoldboy

theoldboy The Beast from the East

No idea but for me Tires and Brakes you buy they best you can afford, its called staying alive and keeping your car in one piece.

Legojon and Bedlam like this.
  3. SteA

SteA Full Member

Is their “test” more than a little ingenious though? The reason you buy a big brake kit is because they work very well and continue to work very well with continued use. Modulation does have a place too and can be an advantage with a BBK. The standard Cupra brakes, and even more so with proper pads, are rather excellent to begin with. I wonder if we could repeat Revos test and get anywhere close to that difference unless it was done after a hard 20-30 minutes on track?

The standard Cupra brakes have been compared in a rather thorough test, against cars with brakes worth almost as much as the Seat, it did rather well as standard (obviously not a direct comparison, but it does highlight the stopping power of the standard car):

http://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/50-special

bigT's lcr likes this.
  4. theoldboy

Agreed but you can also see that Seat themselves have added bigger brakes on a few of there models. Also i have gone from 280 to 500 so very happy to upgrade the brakes just for road use. But i do track work and at bedford we saw a number of cars suffering brake problems which i did not and they were used a lot. So as with all modifications its about what you are going to use the car for and how you want to achieve the end result.

As said earlier a lot of people dont think they are required. My view is with the way i use my car they are.

#124 theoldboy, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Yellow fr and Maypack like this.
  5. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Totally agree! With 500 ponies I'd want something special stopping me from hitting walls/people...

6. theoldboy

But I can also agree with @SteA in as much its horses for courses, Not everybody needs (rather than wants) a big break kit, you can upgrade many of the component parts to get better out of stock (and they are good), and you can spend a lot of money on Pads as well.

Last point on this subject My old disk's had reached the end of life so needed replacing anyway, not why I did it but again it was a choice.

Somebody should start a thread on is it worth doing BBK my answer will always be depends on what you have modified on your car and how you intend to use it. We could also start a thread on are Intercooler upgrades required - My view is same as brakes.

Happy modding.

7. Legojon

Legojon Will work for TTE420
    Staff Member

I didn't want to "waste" money on something that didn't make the car faster :D. But after going 2+, going from 30-60mph was a couple of seconds. Which I found catches a lot of drivers out (as they pull out right in front of you). I then discovered that my 60-30 time was considerably more than a couple of seconds, despite digging my butt cheeks into the seat. This happened twice before I ran out and bought the kit.

Yellow fr, Maypack and theoldboy like this.
  8. SteA

SteA Full Member

It always surprises me that they don’t add the BBK to all cars given the track times of a standard car, it would make sense to me! Hey ho. If the RSL front pads I use go up much over the £400 or so I currently spend on them due to brexit then a BBK will be on the cards :)

9. theoldboy

Some pics of the old girl on Bedford Track

bedford1.jpg bedford2.jpg bedford3.jpg bedford4.jpg

10. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

Looks like someone had a good day. Was that an Aerial Atom in the second picture you’re coming to overtake?

11. theoldboy

Yes we had those, a couple Caterums (they hired them for the day and one of the engines sized oops) along with many other exotic and ordinary motors. Have to say its a great day out and lots of fun but you do noticed towards the end of the day when everybody has got eye in speed seems to go up and a few more motors are off the track :)

I may get another day in in December as there are a few good deals then.

12. N8KOW

N8KOW Full Member

Jimbobcook likes this.
  13. theoldboy

You will be more than welcome and its always good to see other cars in the flesh.

#133 theoldboy, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  14. theoldboy

And so the build continues, this time for me.

New Crash Helmet ordered in the Sales arrived today just in time for day out on Sunday

helmet.jpg

louiskopite likes this.
  15. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Is this a hint at a new colour scheme for the beast from the east? bits of red here and there maybe...

16. theoldboy

Thinking about a black skull on the bonnet at the moment (thought a red one would be to much) but still not made my mind up.

Yes if you recall the old air intake system was wrapped in Red and the pin stripping is done in red (along with the wheels / brakes of course) .

17. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

I think your bonnet would look good with black air vents, it's a big decision as sometimes a little is alot and alot is annoying lol you won;t know till it's on...

18. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

What about this as it carries on the blood theme from the rear lights?

[​IMG]

19. theoldboy

I have been looking at this one and then I could put in the red in the eye socket like I have on the rear.

Screenshot 2018-11-30 at 16.12.36.png

bigT's lcr likes this.
  20. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

That works as it doesn't have edges to the skull which helps the blending... You should get SEATCupra.net written in the teeth haha