Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

MK 3 280 Stage 3

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by theoldboy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. billman

billman Full Member

What adaptation did you do to fit the battery box?

2. theoldboy

theoldboy Senior Member

I have had to cut the rear of the body as there is not enough room around the back battery.

Then with some of the plastic I cut i attached it to the body so that it fits the MK3 Battery tray.

Currently it is sitting to high and I will be lowering it which I think is a cut on the bottom left hand corner to fit over the support for the intake.

Once i have it fully set I will take some pics and add them but as you can see from the pictures on my car there is very little room so I have no movement of the body, Top sits on top with no issues.

3. Stephenator280

Stephenator280 Full Member

4. theoldboy

theoldboy Senior Member

The big difference is mine is built just for me.

Wheels were chosen because I love the look but also they are very strong and light weight for the track.
    Size / offset (more by luck than judgement) are all the car will support on the lowered suspension.

Suspension was to allow me to lower but still have a comfy car and use the DCC Systems- which I do.

The basic engine mods should be the same just a choice of what turbo and pipework / intercooler & pipework / Mount Kit you want to install.

Maps are the key that holds all the above together and have to say very happy with mine.

Then there is the brakes and I prefer mine to the Brembo's because they work great and I dont have to pay even more for a badge.

Last difference is my car will be lighter (as its a car not an estate)

#164 theoldboy, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:30 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:04 AM
    Jimbobcook likes this.