mk 3 boot lid

r1k1

heyy im knew to this im just wondering would a mk 3 boot lid fit on the mk 2? and does anyone know where i can get hold of a cheap spoiler for the mk 2??:D:D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
it will bolt on at the top yes BUT you will also need the rear panel sides welded in from a mk3 top match as it curves inwards instead of straight down making the whole gap a different shape so not impossible to convert though but not a 5 min bolt on job

spoiler wise checkout the classifieds as there is a few GTI being broken up lately

r1k1

cheers for that was going to put a mk 3 lid on to save smoothin the mk 2 off but think itd be simpler to get the good old welder out instead

r1k1

true true its going to take alota work on that car anyways kus its the 5 door model and its only a 1.4 se

r1k1

alsso i lowerd it around 40 mm the other day and since then on the drivers front strut it squeaks like mad any ideas??

r1k1

just new springs on the old struts its weird its only the one side that makes the noise .... but both strut tops look like their on the same

r1k1

i dont think it is.. im going to strip it down and have a look tomorrow . i think the strut might be bent to be hones because it always looks lower on that side

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.