Mk 3 Cupra DV option's

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
Hi,

Ive currently got a Forge Dump Valve on my Cupra, but its getting a bit boring now, ive done a little bit of searching round and i cant seem to find any different DV's that dont just go Tsssssh!

Does anyone use any other DV's or is there a wastegate option for the Cupra?

Any help would be great as i dont know much about these.

Cheers

Daniel

ashgtiturbo

Jun 23, 2009
have you got a re circ valve or a atmospheric? they are really the only 2 options available without spending a lot of money!!

ashgtiturbo

Jun 23, 2009
the atmospheric ones make different noises depending on what brand you go for, and as mat 106 rightly said different airfilters make the noise different on the re circ ones.
i had a bailey atmospheric on mine and it sounded good. i got annoyed with the noise after a while and now its on ebay as im looking for a quieter one!
the forge ones tend do dump the air very quickly and the noise is shorter. turbosmart do some good valves but are quite expensive - i had one on my RS turbo for a while.

CupraTurbo81

I'm running a forge split r on 70/30 recirc with my normal closed airbox just now and it sounds pretty damn good. Was getting sick of the noise my open cone filter was making and having the closed filter actually compliments the sound of the split r. Its very crisp but simple pshhhh lol. I'm running standard boost too so its not as if thats making a difference either.

Also have had no issues wiith running the split r, its ran sweet since its been fitted.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I dare anyone to listen to my 007P and say it's neither loud or "interesting" enough. It's normally the first comment I get. Don't go fitting an atmospheric valve...

Open cone is all you need with a decent map to suck in enough air for bigger smiles :)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I dare anyone to listen to my 007P and say it's neither loud or "interesting" enough. It's normally the first comment I get. Don't go fitting an atmospheric valve...

Open cone is all you need with a decent map to suck in enough air for bigger smiles :)

x2:D

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
Im running a Stage 1 Revo Map, Jetex air filter and Turbo Back Miltek, 007p or turbosmart the way to go?

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
when i first started out with these mk3 cupras 4 and abit years ago all i had was a 007p CAI jabba remap and its was realy very loud, infact when i used to car into the local shoping cente car park wich is in side and lots of levels ect ect it was i bit embarrassing because it was so loud every ones heads would turn to look at me.....not realy my thing...felt if tho i wer trying to show off but i realy wasnt ,just could not help it being so loud

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
ive got a 007p and open cone filter, standard map but i still think it sounds good not ott or chavy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise