Mk 3 Seat ibiza cupra Remap?

Andrew1

Hi everyone, i bought a mk 3 cupra a few months ago and the previous owner was running it at 190bhp, or 0.9 bar of boost he had a dastek unichip installed, when i first bought the car he had to put the original ecu back into it for me as he was keeping his stand alone ecu.

The car is completely standard and i was thinking of remapping it but i am unsure the car has 90k on the clock, i have recently put a new timing belt and water pump and replaced a shot maf sensor. I am assuming the turbo is the standard ko3 would the car be suitable for a stage one remap?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew1

My car is boosting at 0.5 bar, i have a funny feeling the previous owner has had the car remapped before. Would i not have to do any supporting mods like induction kit and front mount or is it ok stage 1 if the car is standard except i have a scorpion cat back exhaust backbox

Andrew1

That was with his own stand alone ecu, its basically standard, just unsure because it is completely standard and no mods as of yet except the exhaust

Andrew1

I had the car on the rolling road today. It only pushed 152 bhp.
The guy applied the remap expecting it to go to 178-180 at the least. The final result it ended up going to 164bhp. My turbo actuator arm had snapped off a month prior to myself buying the car and it was simply put back on with a new bolt. I bought a actuactor online and have yet to get it fitted
He said once fitted the car will boost and produce more horsepower?
The map was suppose to run atleast 1.2 bar of boost and my car went from 0.5 bar to 0.6 after the map

Can someone please clarify if this could be true?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew1

I am going to get the one i bought fitted should solve the issue then hopefully will keep you posted

Andrew1

Once fitted, do you think it will start boosting as to what the map has set up?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.