Mk 4 Ibiza specifications

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Yes, I've got a third sunvisor. I used it this afternoon and it very nearly works. :) I guess the glove compartment light was only fitted to SEs.

orangesprout

Cheeky !!
Apr 10, 2003
Dodge City, North East
Visit site
my turn:

My car:

2004 53 plate Sport 130

1. Oil temp and voltmeter gauges. No
2. Boot light. No
3. Ashtray light. No
4. Glove compartment light. No
5. 8 speakers. No
6. Heated mirrors. Yes
7. Alarm sensor deactivation button. Yes
8. Rear centre head restraint. No
9. Rear centre 3-point seat belt. No
10. Steering wheel remote radio controls. No
11. Third Sun visor. Yes
12. All Silver TDI on engine cover. Yes
13. Chrome Grille as std. Yes
14. Body colour mirrors and handles as std. Yes

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I've got the third sunvisor too.
It's excellent when the sun happens to be shining through that 1"x4" area of windscreen right at the top.

mrowell

Oct 17, 2005
My car :- 55 reg. 5 door petrol FR

1. Oil temp and voltmeter gauges. No
2. Boot light. No
3. Ashtray light. No
4. Glove compartment light. No
5. 8 speakers. No
6. Heated mirrors. No
7. Alarm sensor deactivation button. If I have I can't find it!
8. Rear centre head restraint. Yes
9. Rear centre 3-point seat belt. Yes
10. Steering wheel remote radio controls. Yes

What I have got (and wasn't expecting) are rear electric windows! I would rather have had lights in the boot, glove compartment and electrically heated mirrors than something which will almost never be used.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I've got an 05 reg Ibiza 1.2 SX courtesy car at the moment while my FR is being fixed. This morning I used the front screen washers and it gave the usual 4 or 5 wipes and then an extra one a couple of seconds later. I know that this feature is standard on Fabias now but I didn't realise that new Ibizas are the same. I assume that it switchable on or off at the dealership but can this be done on older cars or just the latest models?

Diaman

Sep 28, 2005
My 55 plate fr does I think four wipes, then theres a short pause before it does a final one

skoov

Nov 12, 2004
Derbyshire
www.hpieurope.com
Jul 02 TDi Sport

1. Oil temp and voltmeter gauges. - Yes
2. Boot light. - Yes - but no bulb, weird... :confused:
3. Ashtray light. - Yes
4. Glove compartment light. - No
5. 8 speakers. - Yes
6. Heated mirrors. - Yes
7. Alarm sensor deactivation button. - Don't know!
8. Rear centre head restraint. - No
9. Rear centre 3-point seat belt. - No
10. Steering wheel remote radio controls. - No
11. Third Sun visor. - Yes

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Boot lights often dont have bulbs in because at the dealerships they leave all the hatches open, which means the battery would drain. People should look out cos it took me about a year to find out in my old 1.2!

Everyone with TDi Sports seem to have heated mirrors!? When do they switch on and what is the actual point!? Every cold morning i just use a bottle of warm water - soooo much easier!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Ed, the mirror adjuster has a third position which switches on the heaters.
I thought the point of them was obvious! It demists and/or defrosts the mirrors without having to go get any water/deicer or get out of the car ! Also means you can clear them if they mist/freeze while driving.
Just wish I could also have a Quickclear heated screen like my g/f's Focus has !

rusty

The Sports look better specced than the newer FR's - interior wise. Is that right then?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
rusty said:
The Sports look better specced than the newer FR's - interior wise. Is that right then?
Yep, as the years progress since the Mk4 was launched, Seat have been gradually cutting bits and pieces out of the spec...

rusty

muddyboots said:
Yep, as the years progress since the Mk4 was launched, Seat have been gradually cutting bits and pieces out of the spec...
That's good news if you're looking at slightly higher mileage motors! Which I will be ;) So really the Ibiza should be getting lighter and lighter.. but I'm guessing thats not the case!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members