Mk1 1.0 restoration

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
yes, been beavering away, all spraying finished, just the roof needs a bit of a rub down and machine polish. I'm putting it all back together at the moment, should have some pics this weekend hopefully:)

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
Very close to MOT time now!!! Just a few snagging jobs to do. Meanwhile here's what was left of the poor donor car, the local scrappies have just taken it away:
donorcar.jpg

I made some speaker and tweeter adapters up on the lathe out of MDF:
speakeradaptors.jpg

speaker.jpg

I thought of using bubblewrap as the sound insulation as its waterproof as well, the proper stuff disintegrated when I took the doors apart originally:
doorinsulation.jpg

All thats left to do now is put the roof seals back in, fix the horn, put the battery clamp in and fix on the ali clutch pedal cover. Oh yeah need to do something with the foot rest as well. Will it never end???

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
ArosaRacer sorry m8 didnt know u wanted it; too late now
Anyway booked car in for MOT tomorrow, here's some pics:
car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

car8.jpg

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Looks really good. Just needs the ride height sorting out, you could smuggle a horse through customs under there ;) hehe

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
:)yeah i thought it looks a bit high, not gonna do anything else to it for a while though, have other stuff to do

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
it'll end up looking like an arosa by end of summer anyway, told ya about cage (fia?) lol way way too good and too certified probably too thin to i bet as it's just just thick bent pipe and an arc welder for the farmers racers :) need to keep em in one piece for more than a lap or two :p

how many motorsports do you get with rule changes like this ''All Classes. Fire Extinguisher must be fitted for scrutineering, but CAN be removed to race.'' crazy

enough off topic (sorry)

how long until this arosa gets dropped then ? :)

Last edited:

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
well...the paint job looks better in the photos to be honest but still ok for a first go. Good news is the old girl passed MOT no problems and no advisories!!!! YIPEEEEEE now taxed insured and on the road. I'll post some more pics when I've cleaned up the inside.

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
have to move out of this place in a couple of months but lookin to buy a place where i can put up a garage

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise