Mk1 Cupra auq to bam swap questions

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
first step is healthy engine and mine is not that..132k atm and she's had a bad life and I don't see the point in going anywhere with this block, and then brings me to my question, I know the engine,ecu,engine loom, clocks, keys or immobilizer delete need to be gotten but the fitting part, mainly the starting of the car...can I take out the auq,engine loom ECT and swap out to the bam/ko4 without messing with the interior loom? I know the engine loom is different but the interior loom is the same? Looks it to me but I'd like to know before jumping into it.
Many thanks for some information.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
as far as i know most things are similar. you can use the same loom/ecu if you get a custom chip.
Thanks for the reply, I don't think the auq engine loom will work as it doesn't have egt sensor plug or secondary water pump plug so I'm just going to use the bam loom. My question really is ...do I have to swap out the interior loom? I don't see any difference between the 1.8t or 1.6 loom so I don't think I will need to change anything inside the car....and then I think about the fuses or said stuff above and makes me think it's not going to work without the inside loom/fuse box.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lightup

May 27, 2019
im not sure. but ive been talking about putting a bam engine in my car with some guys who do it a lot. i have a ary engine which is pretty similar to auq. except for the vvt. i wont have to change anything, except a custom chip since the ecu wont work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Reactions: Andrewwright

liamgill

Apr 30, 2021
You will need both sides of the engine loom Not the Interior. I used a audi tt bam ecu with an immobiliser delete.