Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Mk1 cupra r seats

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by 03cupra, Jul 4, 2013.

1. 03cupra

03cupra Active Member

Hey, basically I want to improve the interior of my mk1 LC. I've already changed the grey plastics and headlining for the black 'R' stuff I just wondered if the 'R' seats are a significant upgrade over the standard cupra ones...? I don't want full leather but would prefer a better seat. The VRS and S3 recaros look good but seem to go for a lot. So is it worth changing the standard cupra seats for the 'R' seats? Or wait until I find S3, VRS or R32 seats at a decent price?

2. nitroverf

nitroverf Active Member

if you find the R seats (Recaro version) it's a great upgrade.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you find the standard R seats, only the covers change with basics seats, so not really interesting...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. K22P UP

K22P UP Guest

Sorry to hijack, is the recaro version pretty uncommon to find? i take it they where extra upgrade from standard in the R's didn't realise there was two versions untill now..... :think:

4. nitroverf

nitroverf Active Member

Recaro version is more difficult to find and more expensive !

5. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

I think the std seats are very comfy,i have fitted black door cards,glove box & bottom dash under steering column which is a big improvement

6. 03cupra

03cupra Active Member

Cheers for the replies guys, I didn't realise there were 2 different versions either.. I guess that's why some on ebay are 150 and others 400 plus! I thought te cheaper ones didnt look much different to standard..

7. 03cupra

03cupra Active Member

Yeah it's much nicer havin the interior all one colour.. On the facelift the cards and glovebox etc was already black, just the headlining and upper plastics were a grey colour, made a massive difference changing the plastics for black, seats aren't too bad just would rather have recaro..

8. 03cupra

03cupra Active Member

Brettyboy I like what you've done with the interior door handles, did you wrap them yourself? Mine are looking a old so this would be a great mod for me. Has the vinyl lasted, still look good?

9. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

Thats what has made the recaro so expensive the fact everyone wants them