MK1 LCR - Bonnet will not open (Help)

Marv-95

Dec 30, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
Hi,

I pull the handle which pops the bonnet but cannot lift the bonnet to get to stage one. Its only a couple of mm. So I can't get my fingers in to find the pesky handle.

The part you pull between the grill is out but it doesn't do any thing - I have tried pulling it with pair pliers.

Any ideas?? Can I take the grill off or any thing?

Cheers
Mark

Marv-95

Dec 30, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
I have taken the front grill off and removed the 3x screws holding the mechanism in place. I can now lift the bonnet but the Catch is still holding on the the U of the bonnet so I can't release it.

The black handle cannot pull any more forward actually id does sweet FA. I cant see how to get the mechanism of the boot to realease.

By pulling the handle in the car this pulls the cables that need to be seated correctly this is still working although it wasn't sat in completely. I will cable tie this in tomorrow.

Does this also pop the initial locking mechanism?? By pulling the handle in the car??

How can you get the mechanism to release the bonnet without pulling the black handle? Is there away??

Is there any advice as Im getting more and more frustrated and p*issed off with my car. There is always something.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise