Mk1 Leon fr things to do

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I went to see if painter was starting again on my parts this morning he did say he was going to get them all in primer and get them done but I will find out Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I went to see if painter was starting again on my parts this morning he did say he was going to get them all in primer and get them done but I will find out Monday

ill-get-right-s9ljo7.jpg

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I’m in a bit off two minds when I get the car with it’s newly painted parts on do I leave it a week or two before I give it a good paintwork valet and do I clay bar it before I buff the paint work or do I buff and then clay bar it and then polish and wax ?????

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I’m in a bit off two minds when I get the car with it’s newly painted parts on do I leave it a week or two before I give it a good paintwork valet and do I clay bar it before I buff the paint work or do I buff and then clay bar it and then polish and wax ?????

Don't worry, your in a safe space. Personally I'd leave it a couple of weeks before letting any cleaning product touch it. If it's just been painted (and he's good). I wouldn't be going near the new painted bits with a clay bar (there should be no contamination as it's fresh paint) and I wouldn't be going near them with polish as he should have wet sanded and mopped them to give it a glossy finish.

But... snowfoam->shampoo->fallout remover->clay bar->polish->wax->happy.

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I wasn’t going to clay bar the new painted panels just the rest off the car same with the buffing just polish and wax the painted panels with the rest off the car

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I wasn’t going to clay bar the new painted panels just the rest off the car same with the buffing just polish and wax the painted panels with the rest off the car

The new panels really shouldn't need polishing. For example. I just had my car machine polished. So I don't bother polishing it now because with a polish at best I'll waste my time and energy. At worst I'll introduce new imperfections. By all means clay and polish the rest of the car. But new paint should just need a wash and a wax to protect them.

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Just a update the painters young lad walked out off work yesterday so it looks as my parts will be back on the back burner for now as the young lad was doing all the prep work on them to get them ready for the paint to go on and as the work load he has on at the minute he will be to busy to get to them for a while

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
It’s ok I have a plan lol I will go in on a Saturday and do the prep work on the parts to see if that speeds the process up as all the painter needs todo is paint the parts as I am removing the old ones and fitting the new ones and then it’s going back to him to see if any blowing in need to be done to help blend in the newly painted parts then it’s all done and I can pay the man

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Fit two new lower arms today and cleaned my n/s/r brakes as it was sticking a bit as one off the shines was a little bent stopping the pad from returning to clear the disc it now spins free

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Grr hate when you order stuff eBay and it all said 48 hours postage and only half off the stuff has come still waiting on a dog bone mount and festoon led bulbs got the t5 cob leds and the 501 leds and power flex dog bone bush
The plan was to fit them all while I was waiting for the lower arms to arrive at work
86728fcbd2c1aff68197e9f946c71715.jpg

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.