Mk1 Leon fr things to do

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
On the todo list

Get the front flex pipe mount that fits on the shocker for the brembos to fit on

Hard pipe kit

New exhaust

Cold air intake fit to the air box

Rolling road map

A full paint correction and wax

Powder coat alloys in a black gloss

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Carrying on from my previous comment... You know your car now... What happens if you get a k1 anf you have to do it all over again.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Yes it replaces all the intercooler pipes
8ede3dd4959ffe70a3d189d6cc8af951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Went to fit the brembo brakes today and can’t do as I need the bracket that holds the flexie pipe that goes onto the shockers so I will have to find the part number and see if I can order them TPS when I go back to work so may not have them fit for the meet

Did you still need these brackets as I've got a spare pair here?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yellow fr

Deleted member 103408

Do I do all this or buy a k1

You have spent a lot of money on yours (not to mention your time) which you wont get back and you will have to start all over again on the K1, I think the K1 is a great motor and if you can have one of those as well even better but you have a cracking motor and its only getting better.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do I do all this or buy a k1

Always a toughie. I feel the same when I look at the toys the MK3s have (better diffs, adaptive cruise control, a satnav that makes you breakfast on Tuesdays). But I think I've spent pretty much the value of my car on mods. So I'm with her till she won't start no more. The Helix clutch is wearing me a bit now as it's still rock solid to push the pedal. And I'm of the age where I want DSG!

Deleted member 103408

Agree with all the above but then you get the mk3 (pre facelift) and they come out with the Facelift, you get the Facelift and they come out with the end of run models, you get one of those (with all the issues they will have in years to come with the WTPF changes) and guess what its the MK4.

Like you I am keeping mine, might end up as a pure track car in the end but I see no value in trying to sell it (not that I ever wanted to).

Just plan your 4wd conversion with DSG thrown in :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Agree with all the above but then you get the mk3 (pre facelift) and they come out with the Facelift, you get the Facelift and they come out with the end of run models, you get one of those (with all the issues they will have in years to come with the WTPF changes) and guess what its the MK4.

Like you I am keeping mine, might end up as a pure track car in the end but I see no value in trying to sell it (not that I ever wanted to).

Just plan your 4wd conversion with DSG thrown in :)

Totally agree! I used to do the same with computer parts. Always buying the latest. But then the latest was obsolete every 6 months. So now I be happy with what I have until it no longer does what I want!!

Oooo, you know what!? I'm sure I read somewhere you could swap in a dsg gearbox! Now that's summat I'd like!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members