MK1 Leon GT2x Build - thats it folks

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
put it this way. the elbow that goes into the oil filter housing and joins to the tee is £35 on its own!!!

probly be £100 to replace the lot

jamiebennett81

Just buy some heater pipe and make your own PCV section.

Blank off the connection under the mani and run the oil housing conenction up to the cam cover then out to a catch tank. Simple.

thanks mate

yeah I have a catch can, so instead of wasting £100 on the Seat pipes I will aim to get this done instead

does anyone on here have a guide for fitting a catch can?

also....

well its almost a week on since Sunday and sorting out the boost (thanks Bill:D)

performance of the car is quite inconsistent. Sometimes I will put my foot down, boost builds quickly and the grin factor comes on, this is accelerating in 2nd, 3rd gear etc

then other times it seems to struggle, boost building slowly, and resulting in a drop in 0.1-0.2bar and this is when it's frustrating. Hoping it wont snow this Sunday as thats what is predicted and sod changing parts on the car if its that sort of weather!

jamiebennett81

ok, did a few more bits today

serviced the DV and fitted a yellow spring, DV was filthy.....not sure if it has made an improvement as it was very cold and wet so difficult to put my foot down and really test it. DV or at least induction noise seems to be a lot louder now....?

however I did find something today, out of the 4 coil packs (bolt down ones) two bolts from the far right coil pack had completely come out! they were in there a while ago so no idea where the bolts went :lol: one bolt was only remaining in the 2nd to far right coil pack as well! so took one bolt from one of the coil packs that hold two bolts in and bolted the coil pack with no bolts in it....so at least it has something to hold it down - will order some new bolts from Seat on Monday morning

car seems a little more consistent now with the power, and it would sometimes jerk, but with finding the loose coil pack and bolting this down, it seems a little better now....again as Bill said, a number of small issues resulting in one larger issue

checked the leaking pipes at the front of the block, appears to be leaking on one of the elbows, so will just get my a$$ into gear and get this catch can fitted (anyone got a guide at all?)

jamiebennett81

glad your getting there mate am just sorting out niggly bits for now too, found a vac line had come off inlet mani today too think that may have caused some boost problems.

i did a quicker guide for catch thank here if this is any help to you.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2005288&postcount=223

thanks mate, need to order the pipework for it now

just ordered these thanks to your thread

fuel%20line.gif

and these in -6 and blue

hosefinishers.jpg

by the way, what does the different sizes represent, as they come in -4 to -12? is that mm? i.e. -4 = 4mm?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.