MK2 and Mark 3 how do they compare

dubdave

Hi folks.

Im the owner of a 2004 mk2 toledo 1.9 tdi with just over 200k miles on the clock:). Outside of servicing Ive replaced DMF , 2 wheel bearings and a brake light switch. The car is still going strong and Ive being absolutely chuffed with it , easily the most reliable car Ive owned.

Im now considering getting a mark 3 1.9tdi. so a couple of questions if you dont mind.
Has anybody put the similar milage on a mk 3?
Are they as reliable as the mark 2?
Would you recommend one ?
Finally what should I look out for when buying one?

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

swanseastu

I can't compare mk2 and mk3, but i a mk3 owner and pretty pleased with it. has a few little electrical niggle problems but its a reliable car, nice driving position good solid ride and steering although a little noisy from road noise in the cabin,

Mine has 110k, 2006, 1.9tdi sport 140

dubdave

Thanks swan. What's the rear legroom like in it. I've been using the mk2 as a cab legroom isn't great.

Sir Monkfish

Look who's Torqueing
Apr 8, 2011
Sevenoaks, Kent
Sorry, meant to add common faults:

Electric windows squeeling, usually requiring replacement.

ABS pump sensor was a bad one (cost me £500) but Seat have finally smelled the coffee and are fixing this FOC now as they weren't fit for purpose.

Rear washer not working, mine doesn't, no big deal.

Nothing too bad really, had mine 4 years and very pleased. I bought mine as it was basically a discounted Altea, and I didn't mind the look, would have another.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.