mk2 and mk3 ibiza brake servo and mstr cylinders help

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
should the mk3 ibiza cupra 1.8T master cylinder fit direct onto the mk2 ibiza brake servo? ive looked at part numbers and it suggests that the brake servos are the same part number, and as such the master cylinders should be interchangeable... (I know the pipe fittings are different but ive overcome this) my issue is that the master cylinder seems to be being compressed slightly when tightening it to the servo...

is this fine? im thinking that the little bit of compression will apply the brakes some what, and what is causing my issue of the brakes binding and then locking firm on (presumably when they get too hot they lock because they free themselves up when cooled down)

help please... its doing my nut in and i cant drive my car until its all fixed :(

the only thing i can see to do would be to get a spacer made around the 3 / 4mm that the master cylinder gets compressed and put that in between the master cylinder and the servo... i should have to do this though should i!?

Taaaaaa

Last edited:

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
you wont remember if it compressed a bit on installation im sure, but did you just fit it 'normally'? as in no spacers or antyhing etc? I fitted a different 20v master cylinder with a spacer the other day and it works fine now, but i cannot point the problem at a dicky master cylinder in the first place oir whether the spacer has done the trick as i did them at the same time :(

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ive looked at part numbers and it suggests that the brake servos are the same part number

where you looking for the servo? as i can see em all different numbers at a quick glance

click on a few pages after the standard servo mind to get to the abs type ones and you'll see loads of options and on

be careful on the mk3 pages as well but pics help a lot
CI=LHD
CD=RHD

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
i had a spacer made in the end mate to just bring it out 5mm... seems to have done the trick any... also swapped the master cylinder too so i cant be sure which thing has fixed it... doh

also pm me your address i have a scuttle clip or 2 here with your name on it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.