Mk2 Boot Won't Lock

VS

Hi guys

Can anyone help?

I am having a problem closing my boot. Basically the boot will not close and lock. All that happens is the boot bounces back instead of locking. When I open the boot by pushing the S all I get is a buzzing noise.

Cheers
Dave

sterryr

I'm having the same problem and in the process of trying to locate a replacement tailgate lock. Take a look at my previous post to find out how to diagnose which bit is broke, then you have to source a new part

JC06GAN_K1

is it shutting and not locking on the key or not shutting at all? if its not lock on the key check the fuses in the end of the dash board there is one there for the boot lock :)

J8HKE

Hi guys

Can anyone help?

I am having a problem closing my boot. Basically the boot will not close and lock. All that happens is the boot bounces back instead of locking. When I open the boot by pushing the S all I get is a buzzing noise.

Cheers
Dave

Lower boot latch definitely, quite a common fault we get in work. Free if your car is under warranty.

paulmt123

How much when out of warranty

Is this an easy fix? How much out of warranty from main dealer or local garage?

SteWriggler

Hi VS,
Did you ever find a solution to your boot lock issue? I'm having the exact same problem.

Cheers

Ste

evobaz

Mar 10, 2014
I'm having a similar issue with my 2011 Leon FR 170. Opened the boot then closed it and jumped in the car. Noticed the interior light stayed on and the dash was indicating the boot wasn't shut. When trying to close the boot it just bounces and can be lifted back up if you lift the rear wiper. Turns out the latch is still in the open position. I can flick it to the closed position but it immediately springs back to the open position.

I've noticed my rear wiper and rear fog light doesn't work but I thought hint that's due to the boot not being closed right.

I'm struggling remove the electrical connector as I can't see what's holding it and my fingers don't fit in very easily.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I had this on mine a couple of months ago. I seem to recall using a small screwdriver to release the cable connector.

The problem is that a piece of the release actuator mechanism breaks off and leaves the latch jammed in the release position. SEAT don't sell the actuator on its own though. The whole latch mechanism including the actuator is only sold as a complete unit.

If you take the plastic covers off the latch you can get to the actuator mechanism and pull it out meaning the tailgate can at least be secured properly until a new latch can be sourced, and the tailgate can still be opened from the manual release on the inside of the tailgate if required.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'm having a similar issue with my 2011 Leon FR 170. Opened the boot then closed it and jumped in the car. Noticed the interior light stayed on and the dash was indicating the boot wasn't shut. When trying to close the boot it just bounces and can be lifted back up if you lift the rear wiper. Turns out the latch is still in the open position. I can flick it to the closed position but it immediately springs back to the open position.

I've noticed my rear wiper and rear fog light doesn't work but I thought hint that's due to the boot not being closed right.

I'm struggling remove the electrical connector as I can't see what's holding it and my fingers don't fit in very easily.
Your wiper & rear fog won't work as the boot thinks it's still open.

Buz

Apr 16, 2016
Experiencing the same issue now myself.
Can anyone please help point me to where I can get one of these? Even a exact enough description for me to search online would help. I want to make sure I get the right part.
Also, if anyone ended up doing the work themselves I'd appreciated any help with instructions.

evobaz

Mar 10, 2014
Think I got mine from my local dealer. £61 going by the post above. Easy to remove / replace. Pretty sure it was only held in place by 2 torn screws (or similar)

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
1P0 827 505 B
db9084dd5accea8f7bb67427df39483f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buz

Apr 16, 2016
Thanks for the input guys.
Got an offer for £91 for parts + labor which I'll probably take. seems like a fair price.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
If it's only two torx screws holding it in I wouldn't dream of paying someone to fit it. Seems a bit expensive if the parts £91 when only a year ago it was £61?

Last edited:

evobaz

Mar 10, 2014
If it's only two torx screws holding it in I wouldn't dream of paying someone to fit it. Seems a bit expensive if the parts £91 when only a year ago it was £61?

It really was a 2 minute job to fit it. I done it in the car park at work.

lardconcepts

Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for the info - very useful!

I'm having exactly the same problems with a SEAT Ibiza 2010.

The part number on this is 6J4 827 505A, which is superseded by 505B.

I can't find anything with the identical part number on ebay.

The local dealership have quoted me £67.67 for the part plus £6 postage, and it wouldn't get to me until next Wednesday.

Anyone recommend anywhere online? Or a part number which is "close enough" on ebay?

Thanks!

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Try Dave at Sere Motors. He's got a section in the Dealer's part of the forum.

He's parts manager at a SEAT dealer and can usually sort a little discount for forum members.