MK2 Cupra Injector Test VCDS Advise please..

jay87

May 4, 2007
Hi guys,

any idea how to do a injector test using vcds? can't seem to get any readings, and got a misfire and it doesn't seem to be a coil, or hpfp or cam follower etc..

westy2k1

Feb 8, 2015
I did this on my old ibiza cupra and i used adv measuring blocks but could only measure the quantity of fuel being injected and fuel pressure both of which i had to ask seat for the default values to make sure mine was within tolerance.

Sorry cant be any more help than that mate

manhota

Apr 21, 2010
west mids wolves area
Happens on wot above 5k rpm lose boost for a split second due to multi misfire cylinder 3, If that's your symptoms it's definitely new inj time cyckinder 3 me thinks but don't hold me on it

manhota

Apr 21, 2010
west mids wolves area
Check spark plug 3 for oil compared to the other 3 spark plugs if it looks shiney black it can also be oil seeping past valve shim or something causing the misfire I read somewhere which means all new seal/seats for the valves this will dramatically reduce oil consumption as well

jay87

May 4, 2007
little update,

garage done a compression test for me, with all four pulling over 150, this was done before the headache of removing everything to get to the injectors! hopefully today well get there

jay87

May 4, 2007
Finally! Changed the injector which was a nightmare in its self, injector it self did nothing, did another spark plug change as one was wet, it must have got damaged from driving with the miss and the car not firing.

When revving there is no misfire what so either, however on tick over there is a very slight miss, I'm putting this down too me cleaning the valves and it needing a good run and a new fuel filter, but all in all so far looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay87

May 4, 2007
Yeah the injector needed changing that was the main fault, but because it wasn't firing it caused the new spark plug to pack up as wel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.