MK2 Cupra R Facelift LED bulbs?

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I'm looking to replace all of my exterior and interior bulbs with ice white LEDs, I know there are some that *may* cause errors but I'm happy to look around and try them. I'm looking for any info on what bulbs specifically I'll need? Sites like AutoBulbsDirect only have a few bulbs listed and I've found the below post on this forum, but not sure it applies as it has DRLs (mine is non-xenon with no DRLs):

Side light bulbs - W5W (501) fitment - 5W CREE LEDs
DRL bulbs - 27SMD DRL 382's

Fog lights (HB4/9006 type) can't remember what type these were, I know that they are Phillips and are a good match for the headlights.

Sidelight = 501 T10 W5W WEDGE
Reg lights = 37mm festoon
vanity mirror lights = 37mm festoon x 2
middle mirror lights = 37mm festoon
middle reading lights = 501 T10 W5W WEDGE x 3
boot light = 42mm festoon
Rear centre lights = 37mm festoon x 2
Glove box = 501 T10 W5W wedge

Are these correct or would mine be different?

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
You should be fine apart from fog lights they spit errors out like mad and they won’t come on, the rest should be fine. also you MUST get low profile h7 or the back cover won’t close

Reactions: gurpz94

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I've fitted all of the interior LED bulbs, they work perfectly! No issues fitting and no flickering/switching off (for now).

I'm a bit disappointed that the number plate LEDs above come with a resistor, adapter etc... but if it works it's OK. It's been pouring down with rain so I don't feel like lying on the floor...

Reactions: Jimbobcook

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I ended up returning the number plate lights... It looks like the previous owner fitted white bulbs, they look good and they don't light up the floor too much. Once I get my pressed plates later I'll see how they look

All of the other bulbs worked perfectly and sidelights work great too, no faults!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.