Mk2 FR Facelift. Need advice.

UltraObamaX

Feb 3, 2018
Stafford, UK
Hi everyone, I would like to know people's opinions and/or advice.
I'm thinking of getting a Leon FR 2.0 tfsi Facelift 2010. The only problem is that it has 110000 miles on it. Should I be worried/concerned? It has full service history and timing chain has been replaced along with the water pump.
I don't know anything else about it as I am going to look at it tomorrow.
I would be looking at keeping it for about 4 years, with an average of 14000 miles a year.
I just want to

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hi everyone, I would like to know people's opinions and/or advice.
I'm thinking of getting a Leon FR 2.0 tfsi Facelift 2010. The only problem is that it has 110000 miles on it. Should I be worried/concerned? It has full service history and timing chain has been replaced along with the water pump.
I don't know anything else about it as I am going to look at it tomorrow.
I would be looking at keeping it for about 4 years, with an average of 14000 miles a year.
I just want to
IMHO it really depends on the service history, who drove it etc. 110k isn't all that bad but things you have to look out for are if all of the hoses have been replaced. I think with turbo cars by 100k or so all or most of the hoses in the engine bay for coolant etc should be about time to replace. It's nice the Timing chain was done (or belt) not entirely sure what it has. The best thing to do is make an inspection list and go through the entire thing when you check it out. Look at the brake fluid. Rotors, pads, test the clutch is not slipping, power steering fluid, the engine oil. Etc try to see if the car has been taken care of in the preventative maintainance department. Other than that use your best judgment, don't hop on the car and buy it because you're excited (easier said than done) if something seems wrong it probably is.

CHECK FOR RUST!

What is the asking price and what color :)

I hope all goes perfect for you my man.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

UltraObamaX

Feb 3, 2018
Stafford, UK
Thanks for the advice. I'm sure the petrol are chain driven. If hoses haven't been replaced, would it be an expensive job?
It only has 1 owner from new. It's black and is on for £4295.

How would I know if the turbo is running ok? How long do turbos usually last for?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the advice. I'm sure the petrol are chain driven. If hoses haven't been replaced, would it be an expensive job?
It only has 1 owner from new. It's black and is on for £4295.

How would I know if the turbo is running ok? How long do turbos usually last for?
Blue smoke at start up = bad turbo or blown oil rings.

For turbo make sure you test when the boost kicks in, it should be a relatively low rpm since they're tiny turbos. Research what the max torque rpm is for this car.

Hoses can be DIY'd and they're not too expensive. Just a bit time consuming.

1 owner is great! Just check the service history and bring an obd scanner if you can to test emissions readiness and for codes, make sure all lights on dash come on then turn off.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
If it's a 211bhp it'll be a chain. Good if it has been replaced, might be worth checking if the tensioner was replaced as well, as I believe they are prone to failure.
Also check rear tyres for wear on inner edges, they suffer from misalignment, will sound like a wheel bearing type drone.

UltraObamaX

Feb 3, 2018
Stafford, UK
If it's a 211bhp it'll be a chain. Good if it has been replaced, might be worth checking if the tensioner was replaced as well, as I believe they are prone to failure.
Also check rear tyres for wear on inner edges, they suffer from misalignment, will sound like a wheel bearing type drone.

Autotrader shows it as having 208bhp.

Funny you should say about the rear tyres, I currently have a diesel FR(want to swap for the petrol) and I can hear a wheel bearing type noise, but they are fine. Never thought it could be because of alignment.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Yea they faffed around with the naming, it's an EA888. 2 litre 16V turbo with direct injection

Same basic engine went in most of the VAG stuff of that era.