MK2 FR LEON TDI PD170 remap opinions

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
i have done a few searches but found nothing too specific so i hope this isnt something thats come up loads before
but considering a remap for my newly purchased FR TDI, it has the pd170 which it seems REVO wont go near and they recommend not remapping this
have many users had this done and had any bad side effects, my leon onlyhas 39k and im loving my new purchase so the last thing i want is to go blow the engine on a remap the engine shouldnt have

for those who have are there any other adjustments they have made to help, ie dpf removal etc? im not personally a fan of the smoke but would rather it than wrecking the car

by the way i am considering using a local tuner who is well established across northern ireland and is a site sponsor for another site i use, with the discount i am entitled to im getting it for £200 inc 2 dyno runs before and after which is pretty much their "mates rates"

Last edited:

steveo273

Oct 18, 2012
Im debating getting dpf removed and remapped, i think 100's have if not 1000's.

Only had my 2008 fr tdi 2 weeks and regen light been on twice and still is on and ecs light, got 3 months warranty with car when i bought it so going back to EVANS HALSHAW at middlesbrough friday coming..

Car is giving me nothing but chew..

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
Iv had mine 2 weeks and no lights apart from one for my back light being tempermental, was speaking with dave from sere as he was sorting me out with a timing belt kit and he says his was fine remapped but the dpf is a major restriction and theres alot more power to be had without it, id like to see how bad the smoke is after though as not a fan of seeing cars with smoke piling out the back, just makes the car look unhealthy or not well looked after imo

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You have posted in the wrong section that is why... this question gets answered literally everday search for PD170 DPF and you will get the answer you require

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
Cheers, i searched pd170 remap and not much usefull stuff came up but pd170 dpf remap brought up alot more lol, seems alot of companys have resolved the issues with this engine no worries its just Revo that wont touch it

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Cheers, i searched pd170 remap and not much usefull stuff came up but pd170 dpf remap brought up alot more lol, seems alot of companys have resolved the issues with this engine no worries its just Revo that wont touch it

From my research i have found two tuner company's that are recommended,
S.H.A.R.K performance & Darkside Developments
I will be heading up to Darkside anytime soon for a DPF del/EGR del + remap

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Also p-torque are highly recommended among many.

Do you know anyone who has had their pd170 remapped by p-torque? they are based in Wolverhampton i believe and that is only a 15-20min drive from where i live, it will save me the trip up north to darkside/ S.h.a.r.k:confused:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Do you know anyone who has had their pd170 remapped by p-torque? they are based in Wolverhampton i believe and that is only a 15-20min drive from where i live, it will save me the trip up north to darkside/ S.h.a.r.k:confused:

Most of them end up at Sh.ark after getting it Re-Remapped :rofl:

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
im in nothern ireland so it would be the likes of OBD Autotune or torque tronix

Last edited:

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Hi Guys

We tune a huge amount of the 170PD's both stage 1 and stage 2 with DPF delete.

Our stage 2 remap along with DPF delete is £650.00 all in, including use of a loan car whilst the work is carried out.

Average results are 220hp and 350lbs/ft torque :D

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

I'd highly recommend P-Torque. Had my Cooper S mapped by them it didn't sort the issue out I was experiencing with the car, they took the map off and gave me a refund. Turned out to be an issue with the Cam not their remap but they still gave me a refund, couldn't have the map on the car without the cam, hence taking the map off.
Would of gone back if not for plannin on getting rid of the MINI (and plan to with the FR).

Last edited:

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I'd highly recommend P-Torque. Had my Cooper S mapped by them it didn't sort the issue out I was experiencing with the car, they took the map off and gave me a refund. Turned out to be an issue with the Cam not their remap but they still gave me a refund, couldn't have the map on the car without the cam, hence taking the map off.
Would of gone back if not for plannin on getting rid of the MINI (and plan to with the FR).

Cheers Damo :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.