Mk2 fr tfsi boost problem, engine light flashes

imz26

Apr 4, 2015
Birmingham
My 2007 seat leon fr tfsi recently whilst driving when i go to rev the car over 2500rpm the car judders and dont boost and the engine management light comes on and flashes for around 1 minutes then goes back off itself.

On normal driving under 2500rpm the car seems fine with no engine light on.

Any help would be appreciated recently changed the diverter valve and cam follower also changed the oil cap due to oil leaking around the seals onto the turbo.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
As mentioned have the codes read as that will tell you the issue. From there people will be able to offer you the next step in helping you fix the issue

Mk2 Seat Leon FR TFSI

imz26

Apr 4, 2015
Birmingham
Thanks for the replys.

Had the car plugged into diagnostics and its coming up with cylinder 2 misfire.

Have been advised to change the spark plugs first and if it dont fix the issue then coil packs.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Swap the coil packs, common for these to go. You have to remove the coil pack to get to the spark plug so might as well do both.

imz26

Apr 4, 2015
Birmingham
Got the spark plugs changed just now and still the same issue.

Have ordered the coil packs to be fitted tomorrow.
Do all the coil packs need to be changed or only 1 of them cylinder 2.

Also there was quite a bit of a oil leak on the top of engine and on the first 2 coils. Mechanic says rocker cover gasket needs changing.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Personally I would change all the coils at the same time beings you have changed the spark plugs. You might have another go at some point and will be on the same usage.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise