Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

mk2 golf 1.8t, GT30 build thread.

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, May 23, 2010.

1. joehirth

joehirth Rate me up baby

Haha! Can't wait to get it mapped! Neat build though :)

As for internal gate, what power have you had from them? I know you don't use the .8x's but just for comparison.

2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

412bhp from 1.9bar on a 2ltr stroker 20v max I have seen. EGT's were extremely high tho. >1000'c post turbine!

In contrast the mk2 Golfs egts post turbine max'd 680'C from its 24psi boost to 8300rpm

3. joehirth

joehirth Rate me up baby

Impressive EGT's for the Golf. I don't want anything higher than 950 really! Look forward to seeing more from this Golf ;)

4. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

golfy went home with his owner today.

sad to see it go

must get badgerwagen running asap... need me a fix of speed like the golf has

5. gazhatt

gazhatt Guest

Well she's back from her extended holiday over at Bill's tucked up safely in her new garage.

Its been quite a while but they do say 'good things come to those who wait' - certainly true in this case :D

After 16 years of ownership and various states of engine tune, braking and suspension set-up I can only describe it now as being 'right'.

Driving wise it feels totally planted, even through torrential rain on the 70 miles trip home there was no drama just like a mild mannered - very powerful - valver with 8000 revs to play with! and then, if you do want to move on it will - and then some !!

Hats off and big thanks to Bill, Paul and Tony :clap:
    Gary

6. Hartosh1

Nice to hear another satisfied customer Bill! Enjoy it gazhatt a boy i know has a 260bhp mk2 and its quick i can only imagine what this thing is like :D

7. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

excellent to hear Gary
    I want your car!
    its the epitomy of a nice mk2 valver... with added grunt.
    lovely all round package.. handling is superb, braking to match the power.. and power, which will nuke many a car (when there's enough road to stretch its legs)

Hope you enjoy it
    :clap: