mk2 Golf GTI 16v or mk2 Ibiza GTI 16v?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I'll get shot for saying this as SEAT's are 90's on VAG's but the late 80's was the last of the truly great VAG's Golf MK2, Scirocco, Corrado, Polo MK2.

I've always fancied a Stratos Blue Polo Coupé S or Golf GTI, but then if i did find a minter it would be criminal to use it as a daily which i'd have to.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
seen 3 and regrettably let em all slip by, one of which was a carpet garaged 18k mile minter too :(:(

omg? are you off your flapper? lol (sorry bad pun lol)
i always see mint cars what i want when i got no money whatsoever!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
omg? are you off your flapper? lol (sorry bad pun lol)
i always see mint cars what i want when i got no money whatsoever!

same here hence passing it on - quick £500 profit and away she went

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
same here hence passing it on - quick £500 profit and away she went

haha that's ok then, you made a good quick buck :)
i wanted to buy this mk1 golf gti, but it needed ALOT of restoring (which i do not mind) but i would have had to buy another car for a daily, so ended up letting it go, he was selling it for like £900, sold it in the end for £200 i nearly cried, i could of got it (and my ibiza) then one day put the abf in it :( oh well, it wasn't meant to be! one day i will restore a mk1 golf!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
have a fancy to do a polished tdi engine to be different - would make a different mk1 convertible huh? :)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
actually that would be alot different, what engine would you put in? a newer one?

last of the pred pdi - maybe an AHU / 1Z etc

any of the last of the belt driven pump ones with lots of metal and pipework on show to polish up

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
oh i know which'ns your on about, that would be lush! you better do it now! i wanna see it (i'll show you my mk1 gti when i put a hemi in it....NOT lol)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
not seen one (yet) 928s Porsche V8 - yes! but not hemi :)

might have to do it when i graduate now lol, imagine that? it would be mental, would have to make it rw/4wd or the torque would just spin the front wheels lol

EDIT: actually, the gearbox needed would be mental, so doubt it'll work!