Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

MK2 Ibiza Suspension / Coilover Fitting Guide

Discussion in 'Mk2 Ibiza/Cordoba Guides (6K) 1993-1999' started by truCido, Jan 5, 2009.

1. CraigW

CraigW Craig.

For Student budget and coilovers I would highly recommend (aswell as a few others) the TA Technix/Hottuning coilovers (They are Ta Technix).

Had them on my Ibiza (1.4) since July and so far havent had any problems what so ever with them.

2. Hi i am new to this forum but could anyone please tell me how to set the front suspention back up once you have removed the strut from the car, whether its to replace the wheel bearings change the strut ,there is so much play in the two bolts that hold the strut on to the bottom hub ,unless i have something missing from the bolts ie bushes

can anyone help please

3. AlpineWhite

As you tighten the bolts the play will go. It's to set the camber which will need to be done by a garage with the right equipment.

4. Josh m

Josh m Guest

ive probably just missed this sumwere in this thread but wat is the lowest you can go without shorter drop links?? cheers

5. seatvr6

seatvr6 Active Member

just dropped mine about 80mm looks mint if there was no speed humps id do 100mm

6. BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy Goes Like Schnell

Perhaps a bit of topic but do any one know if the Vmaxx coilovers from Dutchland are any good?
    Either way I have to say that this was a very impressive coilover fitting guide ;)

7. suj

suj Wheel Connoisseur

same as hottuning, ta technix (all the cheaper ones are the same)

email edwin@hottuning.eu for some, say your on SCN and you will get discount :)

8. TJBeezer

TJBeezer Active Member

are there any parts that need replacing other than the sprnigs when putting them back on?

9. suj

suj Wheel Connoisseur

vague?
    can you explain what you did, and expand on what you said?

10. TJBeezer

TJBeezer Active Member

Basically, just wondering if there's any parts that need refreshing when fitting lowering springs. Not fitted them yet and just wondering if there's any parts that need renewing along with the springs?

11. truCido

truCido Race Lupo in progress...

I'd just replace the top mounts to be honest, everything else should be fine!

12. TJBeezer

TJBeezer Active Member

Would the top mounts that are on the car at the moment be alright to be put back on? They were replaced about a year ago.

13. truCido

truCido Race Lupo in progress...

ah yeah they should be fine then!

14. suj

suj Wheel Connoisseur

Like trucido said, top mounts

They don't cost much, and can make a difference, while you got the suspension off, it will make it easier

15. quick noob question, i have just got a set of TA Technix coilovers not fitted them yet.
    But to adjust ride hight do you just alter the position of the nut where the spring is?
    And what direction does what?

16. suj

suj Wheel Connoisseur

yes, you loosen the lower "collar" then the other collar is the adjusted

higher the collar = raised car
    lower the collar = lower car

if you leave it as it is when you get it (the collar position) it is dropped 120mm, and I did it, was funny :p

17. that's what I thought, but I thought it was better to double check. :)

What height you got yours at? Front and back?

18. suj

suj Wheel Connoisseur

not sure on height, just do it by sight, then get the measuring tape out, and get the other side the same (on a flat surfact, I measure from floor to the arch, going through the centre cap)

i'd estimate 85-95mm, might be more, who knows lol

if someone can measure the standard floor to arch distance all around, I will then post up mine (go out and measure it)

19. ah right, I'll probably just do the same. Can't wait to get them on!

Is there any point in changing the struts? I read somewhere about changing them for shorter ones so you don't alter your wheel camber?

20. M1KEH

M1KEH M1KE

640mm front standard 630mm rear standard. Thats floor to wheelarch with wheel as the centrepoint.