MK2 legal Side repeater bulb colour?

MomoMK2

Jul 3, 2007
York
MOT failed on side repeater bulb colour, halfords charts say white ones for r reg mk2, however i'm pretty sure the ones on currently would be classed as white (aftermarket repeaters), but i seem to remember the OEMs have an amber surround which would make them well... amber!

someone clear this up for me?

cheers.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
indicators should flash amber, whether it be the bulb or the light lense. Yes, if they flash white then its a failure!

Last edited:

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
if you got after market side repeaters (white or clear) then you are obviously going to have to get amber bulbs. halfords state a white bulb because they assume you have still got the original side repeaters which are amber.:doh:

MomoMK2

Jul 3, 2007
York
cheers, yeh just managed to dig out my OEM ones, which are snapped at the clips but as ive just bought a new set of white bulbs im just gunna bluetack these ones on for the retest.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
I have mk4 Ibiza repeaters on my Mk2, clear lens, but swapped the bulbs for orange when I did them.

*FWIW, My car failed its mot (technically) on a rear indicator flashing white last time (orange colouring had worn off on the bulb )

thegills

I have mk4 Ibiza repeaters on my Mk2, clear lens, but swapped the bulbs for orange when I did them.

*FWIW, My car failed its mot (technically) on a rear indicator flashing white last time (orange colouring had worn off on the bulb )

Mine also failed on that had to replace them with new orange bulbs as they said the colour had all worn off cost me bout £1:lol: each

sickpupppy

lmao@ my typo'd user name
Jul 8, 2009
carlisle, the frozen north
go to a local morrisons, the petrol stations sell the amber bulbs for only a couple quid a pair.
very cheap.
it sounds like you have the clear indicators, and smoked at the rear. these need amber bulbs,
the problem being that the amber covering on the bulb degrades over time with the heat from them being used, hence the shine white, mot failure as you have found out.
new bulbs will sort this. halfrauds would prob charge in the region of a fiver a pair, morrisons are way cheaper, although as i work for asda i prob shouldnt say that lol.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.