Mk2 Leon cupra cruise control fuse

RX8JN

Apr 22, 2016
Please help
There is a problem with my clutch position sensor/ hall sensor (G437) which is located on the clutch master cylinder.

Due to this, my revs hang after shifts and my cruise control doesn't work either. The light on the dash for the cruise control doesn't come on.

Where is the fuse located for the cruise control on a 1p Leon Cupra?

I looked through the owners manual and there is no info regarding fuse layout for the cruise control or clutch position sensor.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Why would you suspect fuse? The CC won't activate if you have a fault with the clutch position switch(Light only comes on when CC is active)

There won't be a fuse just for the clutch position switch on it's own. Do you have a fault code? Have you checked whether the ECU sees the operation of the switch using diagnostic kit such as VCDS?

RX8JN

Apr 22, 2016
Why would you suspect fuse? The CC won't activate if you have a fault with the clutch position switch(Light only comes on when CC is active)

There won't be a fuse just for the clutch position switch on it's own. Do you have a fault code? Have you checked whether the ECU sees the operation of the switch using diagnostic kit such as VCDS?
Thanks for your reply

an error did come up with vcds, since I have cleared it, no errors have come back....hence why I thought maybe a blown fuse.

If there is no fuse then definitely I need to replace the clutch position sensor.

Thanks

RX8JN

Apr 22, 2016
I have now changed the clutch switch / hall sensor which sits on the clutch master cylinder and there is no change. The revs still hang during shifts and the cruise control still does not work. Any idea where else I can look or try?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
VCDS or similar needed for live data - you need to see what the ECU is seeing - I.e. Does the ECU recognise the operation of the clutch pedal

RX8JN

Apr 22, 2016
Problem fixed, it turned out to be the speed sensor fuse (F22)
Ended up buying a new sensor for nothing

h4milton

Jun 8, 2017
i have the same problems revs hanging and cruise control won't work replaced hall sensor checked fuses scanned with vcds ecu won't recognise the operation of the clutch

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Problem fixed, it turned out to be the speed sensor fuse (F22)
Ended up buying a new sensor for nothing

4 years down the line and it's your reply/resolution that has just helped me locate the source of my problem - if only this thread cropped up in my previous searches. £90 later and I've just come across this, shot out to take a look in the fuse box (and I had previously explored the fuse box - just the wrong box!) and low and behold F22 blown. Prior to that I had bought an aftermarket sensor, no difference on the clutch operation signals (OBDeleven) - didn't trust it, bought an OEM sensor fitted it tonight, no difference on the signals. At a loss, so back on to the laptop for ideas and hey presto - 5p fuse might have fixed me up! Thanks for posting this. I have every fuse but a 5amp so i'll have to wait til tmoz to see the results of the swap over.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members