Forum meet Trophy - jimbobcook's MK2 Cupra R

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening,

Got me a new Leon today, not bad nick (not sure on the full paint name for this red) but hopefully I'll be able to pull it round before the forum meet in January - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/xmas-2018-meet-blackpool-anybody-young-or-old.447348/

Still got my speed blue Cupra R but thought I'd get this one ready as it's got alot of potential going forward, hopefully it's next owner keeps it as well as I will.

First off the list of things I'd like to do before Jan...

- Respray the car speed blue to match my current R
- respray the wheels gloss black
- full detail (polish, wax etc)
- try and find a TRC front splitter
- wrap bottom front bumper lip
- SEATCupra.net stickers

Open to ideas

As I said before this is purely for the meet in January then the car goes to someone else who I hope will love it as much as me.

I'll try and keep this updated with progress and pictures.

Here she is as I bought her... She's got a little cosmetic damage but a re spray will fix that.

IMG_20181103_183616-2320x1305.jpg

IMG_20181103_183609-2320x1305.jpg

IMG_20181103_183655-2320x1305.jpg

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Evening,

Got me a new Leon today, not bad nick (not sure on the full paint name for this red) but hopefully I'll be able to pull it round before the forum meet in January.

Still got my speed blue Cupra R but thought I'd get this one ready as it's got alot of potential going forward, hopefully it's next owner keeps it as well as I will.

First off the list of things I'd like to do before Jan...

- Respray the car speed blue to match my current R
- respray the wheels gloss black
- full detail (polish, wax etc)
- try and find a TRC front splitter
- wrap bottom front bumper lip
- SEATCupra.net stickers

Open to ideas

As I said before this is purely for the meet in January then the car goes to someone else who I hope will love it as much as me.

I'll try and keep this updated with progress and pictures.

Here she is as I bought her... She's got a little cosmetic damage but a re spray will fix that.

View attachment 2609
View attachment 2608
View attachment 2607

No no no no no to the Speed Blue

It needs to stay Red... Desire Red to be honest as I’m likely going to be her next owner. I agree with your other mods but don’t overdo the stickers

Deleted member 103408

My T'Shirt will be best and i think we have more white cars than these blues or red.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
You need to send that to me... it’s basically my car (well less the cupra badge.)

Just go easy with the polish, be easy to get a strike through... and the hose might wash it down the drain, maybe put a brick on it to keep it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
All you haters lol

If I had wrap I'd do that but it's in for a respray next week lol

Blue is the way forward lol we can get the MK3 Leon when it's readily available as a cupra...

@Maypack I won't be spending £65 for something I can respray myself for £4 when my car only cost me £6... I'm not made of money unfortunately lol wheres the fun in having one already done haha you don't think I'll do a good job?

I ideally wanted a MK1 Leon but couldn't find a bargain on Auto Trader.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

For those reading this thread who have no idea whats going on we have a seatcupra.net meet in blackpool on 5th jan 2019. To add a bit of fun we are having a t'shirt compertion using first leter of your car's name to create a slogan.

obviously i am going to win but there may be some competition.

Winer gets this great car hand crafted and modified by @Jimbobcook.

Be there or be square.

for the younger member be cool

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Great idea.... hoping to be there.. an I’ll probably win...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Great idea.... hoping to be there.. an I’ll probably win...

Would you like adding into the conversation for the meet if you're planning on making it as I don't see you on thr list of people going lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Would you like adding into the conversation for the meet if you're planning on making it as I don't see you on thr list of people going lol

Drop me into to it. Currently it looks okay, it depends on the good ladies work over Christmas.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
OK quick update...

I'm not sure what all these mechanics are saying about taking hours to do simple tasks on cars...

I've just stripped this beauty in 5 minutes and didn't scuff anything!

All ready for paint stripping and then prime and base coat before adding speed blue layer.

IMG_20181103_212257-2320x1305.jpg

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
OK quick update...

I'm not sure what all these mechanics are saying about taking hours to do simple tasks on cars...

I've just stripped this beauty in 5 minutes and didn't scuff anything!

All ready for paint stripping and then prime and base coat before adding speed blue layer.

View attachment 2610

Excellent work. You looking on fitting lowered springs, Res delete etc whilst the car is stripped down?

Deleted member 103408

i can get you a revo discount for stage 2+
if you want it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Excellent work. You looking on fitting lowered springs, Res delete etc whilst the car is stripped down?
I'd love some bigger wheels but it's proving difficult to know the right size lol

i can get you a revo discount for stage 2+
if you want it.
I need a rolling road to see what power its kicking out... It may already be mapped...

Deleted member 103408

@Sharpy just to be clear this is not just about turning up to the meet its about your t'shirt.

Clean Example below (and yes its rubbish but cant show you what I will wear on the day)

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Sharpy

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
It takes me longer to get a car on the ramp at work mind you I do have to back it in round a corner just to get it on the ramp lol mine takes even longer still have to remove all four jacking points covers before even getting the legs under the car lol
Great job jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well the front splitter came today...

Just mocked it up as I don't want to fit until the body is done.

Before
IMG_20181108_211622-1305x2320__01.jpg

After
IMG_20181108_211640-1305x2320__01.jpg

Little bit of sanding to do but she will get there.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Fitted the silver handles and handbrake and slid in my gloss black backed seats.
IMG_20181108_220442__01.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.