IMG_20181117_130805-1305x2320__01.jpg

Then I got the steel wool to get all the paint off that I could

Then first coat of primer
IMG_20181117_131107-2320x1305__01.jpg

Reactions: kanyewest

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I’m impressed with your dedication on this.

Have you any plans to open your own garage to help likeminded people who may wish to modify their cars too
If you do it... You do it right lol after all I need to make sure it looks good as it's speed blue haha thsi sort of thing I enjoy but it's not cheap lol its £7 for a car but quite abit more for parts haha a new hobby maybe...

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
If you do it... You do it right lol after all I need to make sure it looks good as it's speed blue haha thsi sort of thing I enjoy but it's not cheap lol its £7 for a car but quite abit more for parts haha a new hobby maybe...

Maybe I’ll place an order fora Mk3 Leon Cupra 5dr in Desire Red. Could you pull that off seeing that the colour is hard to match?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Maybe I’ll place an order fora Mk3 Leon Cupra 5dr in Desire Red. Could you pull that off seeing that the colour is hard to match?
Haha I'd love to do a MK3 but they start at £40 just for the model which is alot! But it's already a cupra so exhaust etc should be in the right place it's just any additional stuff people have lol I also wouldn't need to match as its all a fresh coat as long as the touch up paint stick is metallic it would be fine I'm sure. They may already do a desire red model. .

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Speed blue paint ready for tomorrow as the 2nd coat of primer is on. Who knows how this will turn out...

Not sure how to mask off the rubber seals and badges either... I could try masking tape but it could be very fiddly...

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
lol, watch this space. I may have a different Leon by Christmas if my MK2 keeps being a spanner.

Maybe I’ll be the next owner of that lovely looking car you are putting together for the meet haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
lol, watch this space. I may have a different Leon by Christmas if my MK2 keeps being a spanner.

Maybe I’ll be the next owner of that lovely looking car you are putting together for the meet haha

Oooo what you got your eyes on? Please say a mk2 speed blue cupra r lol

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Oooo what you got your eyes on? Please say a mk2 speed blue cupra r lol

Erm....don’t know how to break this to you.....I’ve been looking at MK3 2.0 TDI FR’s....either black or blue lol

On second thoughts, if your project Leon has a decent history and the speed blue paint finish is decent enough I could do a swap

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
No, he joining the Mk3 side. He sent me a picture earlier and did not want to upset the Mk2 boys
bc4d7fc2e1adb98a5224edc8308f6ca0.jpg

Detailers joy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I like that colour lol not sure about the yellow/gold though. .
Erm....don’t know how to break this to you.....I’ve been looking at MK3 2.0 TDI FR’s....either black or blue lol

On second thoughts, if your project Leon has a decent history and the speed blue paint finish is decent enough I could do a swap

My project car only has delivery miles on it, completely custom. Currently un dyno'd so who knows what it's kicking out.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.