MK2 Leon Cupra oil pickup

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys, Iv got a MK2 Leon Cupra, 2009 facelift model. I read somewhere it might have the revised oil pickup as standard? Is anyone able to confirm this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi guys, Iv got a MK2 Leon Cupra, 2009 facelift model. I read somewhere it might have the revised oil pickup as standard? Is anyone able to confirm this.

First I've heard about there being a revised version. But as with any filter, it can get clogged and blocked, especially depending on how the car has been treated (any previous engine damage, frequency of oil changes, etc). I've got a 2011 Cupra R, I'm waiting till it's MOT in Dec this year and I'm having the oil pickup pipe replaced with a new one anyway as a precaution. It's £105 for parts n labour (if I provide my own oil and filter). So that vs thousands if the oil pressure drops seems worth it for me.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
My understanding was the updated part came out 2008/2009 and replaced the faulty part so logic would dictate at some point it would of been rolled out on the new builds.

But ai think I'll look into replacing to be on the safe side, but just got the car and was serviced before I collected and more worried about the cam follower first

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
My understanding was the updated part came out 2008/2009 and replaced the faulty part so logic would dictate at some point it would of been rolled out on the new builds.

But ai think I'll look into replacing to be on the safe side, but just got the car and was serviced before I collected and more worried about the cam follower first

I suppose at least on the bright side, if you get it replaced you'll be 100% sure it's the revised version. Yes, I would do the cam follower as a precaution also and ASAP if it's on a car you don't know when it was last (if ever) done.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I suppose at least on the bright side, if you get it replaced you'll be 100% sure it's the revised version. Yes, I would do the cam follower as a precaution also and ASAP if it's on a car you don't know when it was last (if ever) done.
Cars on 93k and I can't find any evidence of it being done

Ordered today

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
It's had a couple of cambelts though right?
Had one done 20k ago

Cars totally standard, lady owner for last 7 years so serviced to the letter, but going to be whatever oil the garage used etc etc

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
My cupra has 113k on it and I got the low oil pressure warning on my MFD so I took the sump off and cleaned my oil pick up and the gause had loads of crap stuck in it , took the pipe off and cleaned it all out and put it all back together, been fine ever since , last thing you want is for your engine to have oil starvation for the sake of £40 part and 30 mins of your time.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
My cupra has 113k on it and I got the low oil pressure warning on my MFD so I took the sump off and cleaned my oil pick up and the gause had loads of crap stuck in it , took the pipe off and cleaned it all out and put it all back together, been fine ever since , last thing you want is for your engine to have oil starvation for the sake of £40 part and 30 mins of your time.

Had mine done just before xmas along with cam follower. Chain tensioner on the list for next year.

Reactions: Sandypark8

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
It's on my list to do in the next few months, is the pickup pipe a dealer only part?