Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

MK2 Leon Cupra R in Speed Blue (New MOT)

Discussion in 'SEATs For Sale' started by Jimbobcook, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+

Well it's time for me to move on in the world of SEAT's and look into the MK3 Leon Cupra which means my beloved MK2 (Shirley) will be up for sale just on this forum as i'd like it to go to a valid member that I know will look after it like I have.

I will put in any issues I know about in this thread as i'd hope I get the same treatment with my next car etc Updated info in Red
    [​IMG]

Basic Info:
    Year - 2010
    Colour - Speed Blue
    Miles - 48k (will go up)
    MOT Due - 6th October 2020 *Just passed*
    Trim - Cupra R
    Stereo - RNS310 with 19/20 maps *Just Updated*
    2 Remote Keys and 1 manual (with new key info tab)
    Previous Owners (including me) - 3
    Always run on V Power (receipts to prove)
    No Finance on the car
    HPI Clear but buyers must check everything themselves

Build Thread - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/my-mk2-fl-leon-cupra-r-60.442530/
    Review Thread - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/seat-leon-mk2-cupra-r-2010.444337/

Now as you may or may not know I got this car in Jan 2018 and since then I have got into Detailing and maintaining this car to the best I could without modding the engine or changing the stock look, I've only bought genuine parts and all parts have been fitted by my local garage who i've used for over 15 years. The car is in very good condition in my opinion and only need very few things doing to her to make it a very high condition (go through that later).

Just so you're aware I am in no rush to sell this car and the price is pretty much stuck going by other R's on AutoTrader so please no silly offers, as I am in no rush I will be picking the new owner not based on if they have the money available but if I think they will look after it as much as I have (and the money of course haha). I have receipts for everything I have purchased and invoices from the garage to prove it's been fitted.

The engine is Stock and has never had any maps on as far as i'm aware.

Bits worth knowing:
    - Plastic rattle from Front Passenger Door
    - Slight rattle from passenger side mirror when door closing
    - Alloy paint isn't the best (previous owner curbed a few times)
    - Caliper front red paint faded
    - Does not have high performance tyres

As for Body work the car is in very good condition apart from a few stone chips but due to age I think that's a given, there is one slightly bigger stone chip just to the right of the front grill which I have attempted to fill in using genuine paint.

The Alloys have a few scuffs on from the previous owner and it has a few little bits that have been filed down and then painted I think. The tyres are currently on the same ones I bought it on and they have 5-6mm left after 1.5 years of use so they must be quite a hard compound and also mid budget although this has never bothered me when driving as I do not drive like a loon.

Interior has some tiny scratches but in very good condition, the USB/AUX socket is showing some cracks in the paint but easy replacement.

I have cleaned the car using Autobrite, Auto Finesse, Autoglym, Fusso Wax and some other brands, it gets a 7 hour decontamination clean maybe 3 times a year and 4 hour maintenance washes every 2-3 weeks then it's kept in the garage till it's dirty lol

I get between 32mpg and 40mpg on a reasonable run, comfort is good considering the 19" wheels.

Modifications:
    2 SCN Stickers (Back Window and Front Splitter)
    TRC Front Splitter
    SuperPro Anti lift kit
    Gas Bonnet Struts (through group buy on the forum)
    Ramair Panel Air Filter (for stock engine cover)
    Plastic Battery case (removed the fabric stock version)
    LED DRL's and Sidelights (no errors)
    CUPRA Official Text on Front Bumper

Upgraded/Replaced Parts:
    Genuine MAP Sensor and Connector housing - July 2019
    Genuine R8 Coilpack set - June 2019
    Genuine Oil Pick up pipe + O Ring - June 2019
    Genuine VW Orange Dipstick - June 2019
    Genuine Diverter Valve (06F 145 710G) - Jan 2019
    Genuine PCV Breather Valve (06F 129 101R) - Jan 2019
    Genuine Cam Follower, O ring and bolts - Jan 2019
    Genuine Boot Latch - June 2019 (fitted by me, also did a guide on it)

Preventative Maintenance:
    All Injectors Cleaned and new filter baskets fitted
    New Oil pick up pipe
    Oil Sump cleaned + new sealant

Service Parts (last Full Service - June 2019):
    NGK Platinum Spark Plugs
    Mann Oil filter
    Mann Fuel filter
    Castrol Edge 5W-30 Oil
    Bosch Pollen filter
    Injectors cleaned + filter baskets replaced
    Oil Sump cleaned
    Oil pick up pipe replaced

Service History:
    The car unfortunately came with no service history book (has one now) but before buying I checked with SEAT CS and they provided me with the full SEAT service history including the Water pump, Cam belt being done before I bought the car, since I have had the car it's been serviced by my local garage as the local SEAT garages get poor reviews, I have bought all parts prior to services and just got my garage fit them for me.

Done before I got the car (at SEAT garage)
    16/10/2017 Water Pump Change 30,580
    16/10/2017 Major/Full Service 30,580
    16/10/2017 Cambelt Change 30,580

MOT History (Due 06/10/20):
    Date tested 23 September 2019
    PASS (advisory - near side front tyre slight distortion)
    Date tested 7 September 2018
    PASS
    Date tested 7 October 2017
    PASS
    Date tested 23 September 2016
    PASS
    Date tested 24 September 2015
    PASS
    Date tested 29 September 2014
    PASS
    Date tested 23 September 2013
    PASS

Things I didn't get to do:
    Refurb the Alloys
    Replace Bonnet Insulation

Price:
    £11,500

Please email me jimbobcook1984 at gmail dot com or DM on the forum for any more information, please note that no viewings will happen at my house, I will meet you at a location on your route to me (Rutland) for you to see what the car is like, this means that the car will be not be started cold but I can record this for you if you wish.

Hopefully I've not missed anything off, if I have I will change it on here and let any interested members know.

Pictures (more on request):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kanyewest likes this.
  2. Jimbobcook

Looks like she will be going up on Auto Trader soon :help:

3. Blaptastic

I'm sorry but slapping a sticker on doesn't count as a modification.
    Very nice car though.

Jimbobcook likes this.
  4. Jimbobcook

It does to an insurance company... I had to tell them how many and where on the car lol hence under the mod section so the next owner if they keep them does the same...

And thanks, I tried to keep it in as good nick as I could whikst getting new uprated parts.

Blaptastic likes this.
  5. Blaptastic

Typical insurance company.
    If you hadn't and had an accident I'm sure they'd use it as an excuse not to cough up.

6. Jimbobcook

Exactly that, silly but necessary for us mere normal folk unfortunately... Good stickers though haha

Blaptastic likes this.
  7. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

By the time I'd reeled off the first 25 mods, they'd run out of space in the comments box and were so beaten down they didn't care if next on the list was a rocket launcher or a sticker.

8. When I did my first setup with Adrian Flux I had to fill in what felt like a tax return form.

Each part of the car has a section so you can specify in detail the upgrades but there was an area so that I could add in the pin stripe.

Legojon likes this.
  9. Nathan penney

Nathan penney Nathan P

I know you really wanted to sell it to someone on the forum who will cherish it like you have and hopefully bring it along to the meets, but I’m sure someone outside of these circles will appreciate what it is and snap it up.
    Speaking from recent experience myself I sold my 2006 Octavia Vrs 2.0 petrol on autotrader.
    Owned by myself from brand new, low miles with full main dealer service history in the best colour of race blue. I thought it would have been snapped up straight away from someone in Skoda circles without having to go down the autotrader route but no takers. I did the same as you are looking at doing and reluctantly stuck it on autotrader.
    Had a couple of calls that nothing came of then a decent fella came to see it and fell in love with it.
    He was really enthusiastic about it and bought it. I know it’s gone to a good home but at the end of the day as long as the moneys in the bank I suppose we can’t be picky who buys our cars.
    Unless there’s several people after it. Lol
    Just keep thinking about that mk3 you’re after and sell it to someone who’ll give you what you want for it.
    Good luck buddy.

10. womble68

womble68 Active Member

As above, I sold my mk3 184 estate on autotrader worked out well. Fella came up a long distance but obviously happy bought it.
    I would be honest but not to explicit in your advert as this can sometimes put people off. Let them make their own mind up, sometimes too much information is off putting, plus it gives them a chance to ask questions which some people prefer.
    Also you never know you might introduce someone to the wonderful world of Seat's.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook likes this.
  11. Jimbobcook

I'd only do this much info for the forum as people could find most of it out anyway from my RR lol

Just checked auto trader, when did they start doing payment plans lol been a while since I've used it obviously...

Thanks for the comment buddy, my idea was lots of info would stop time wasters and wouldn't get people traveling and saying you didn't tell me about this etc...

12. Leeoncupra

Leeoncupra Leon cupra 240 stg1

You managed to sell her yet pal?

Only problem with buying special older cars is your waiting for that someone who is after it , yours is an impressive example of an R so the first to see it will buy it

What you been offered px?

leon mk1 cupra

13. Jimbobcook

No not yet buddy, you're absolutely right... As someone previously mentioned that most people on this forum already has their car hence being on here so it's either an upgrade which is less likely... I have a few emails out to performance garages then it's onto Auto Trader lol

No px as i'm after a lease after this one I think.