MK2 Leon FR or MK2 Leon Cupra?

PistonKid96

May 29, 2016
Hi All,

i am trying to decide if i would be better to get a newer facelifted FR or an older pre-facelift Cupra.

i am interested in what the key differences are?

i know that the seats are different,the dash is different,there is the difference in power and i believe that the Cupra has the K04 turbo which is much better platform for tuning.

what is the difference in brakes (if any)?
is there a difference in suspension set up/ride height?

N.B i know that this question has been asked before but i have found contradicting answers and i am trying to collate all of the information into one thread.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Depends what your after mate whether its tuning potential or just value for money

Cupra has the stronger tfsi engine with bigger turbo , injectors and cams which a stage 1 map will see 300bhp with little to no hardware and will extract upwards of 380bhp with a 2+ tune

Cupra has bigger brakes and the bucket seats

Not sure on suspension as the fr and cupra have 55mm struts

Looks wise are the same besides wheels and cupra has black mirrors

Fr has the lower output which with the same hardware for 2+ as a cupra will see around 270bhp.

My money went on a cupra if that helps?

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Having traded a 2012 FR+ for a 2011 Cupra. Cupra every time! If power / fun is what your after. Plus, I had to upgrade the handling on my FR (roll bars, springs) to be happy with it. The Cupra was awesome out the box and I kind of feel like I threw money away treating it like an FR. And as stated, if your planning on remapping, 300bhp is easy.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Any difference in VED and MPG? (Maybe a stupid question)

Also 2010 and 11 seem to be TSI engines, any major difference between them and the TFSI engines? (May also be a stupid question)

Considering getting a Leon once my ibiza goes back later in the year.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.