1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Mk2 or Mk3

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza FAQ's (6K2) 2000-2002' started by Madda, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Madda

Madda Active Member

hi all I have a ibiza 1.4 8valve aud engine 3door hatchback 2002. When ordering parts do I I put mk2 or Mk3 thanks all

2. bete noir

bete noir Green Meanie

That will be a mk3 or mk4, definitely not mk2. Does the chassis number contain 6K2 (mk3) or 6L (mk4)?

3. Madda

Madda Active Member

Thanks for the reply bete noir I looked at chassis number it says 6k . It’s just the seat Wikipedia says the the ml2 model changed the rear and front bumper in 99 so they called it the mk2 facelift.also known as Mk3 in uk ..it’s just ordering parts is it mk2 or Mk3

4. bete noir

bete noir Green Meanie

If it is 6K and 2002 then it is definitely a mk3. However, I have dealt with parts suppliers previously who refer to the mk2 as the mk1, completely ignoring the pre-VAG cars, so just knowing what model you own is not necessarily going to avoid future confusion. My advice is to quote the chassis number, although I realise this is not always possible.

I have mk2 Ibizas with a number of mk3 parts fitted, so I share your pain :)

5. Madda

Madda Active Member

Thanks bete noir I thought it was Mk3 and yes it’s a pain when you say it’s mk3 6k1 and it says it won’t fit thanks again