MK3 1.8 TSI Tuning

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
this info is hot off the press..
We are now able to offer a plug and play warranty safe tuning option for the Audi, Seat, Skoda, VW 1.8TSI 180PS
At this point ill let the graphs do the talking

Stock 1.8 TFSI Audi a3 195 ps and 269 nm (manufacturers claimed power 180 PS and 250 nm)

Tuned 1.8 TFSI Audi A3 235.9 ps and 323.8nm (manufacturers claimed power 180 PS and 250 nm) :p

yet again this kit will be offered in 2 guises, a Stage 1 FSR system which is ideal for the customer who is looking for a Stage 1 tune only, or the FSR+ which will be released with our partner Shark Performance who will be developing a Stage 2 option for customers wishing to make additional hardware changes to their vehicle

more details to follow, but I'm sure this will be of interest to a few members

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-seat_leon-(2013-)_1.8-tsi-180ps

hello! will this tune work for a 1.8tsi with DSG tranny? DQ200 with dry clutches. I'd reeaaally like this but I'm not sure if the DSG can handle it =(

Thanks!

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
hello! will this tune work for a 1.8tsi with DSG tranny? DQ200 with dry clutches. I'd reeaaally like this but I'm not sure if the DSG can handle it =(

Thanks!

The development work was conducted on a manual car, the system was set to its highest setting to produce those figures. Regarding to torque limit I find it hard to believe that Seat would use a gearbox rated at 250nm in a car that produces the same 250nm on paper

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
The development work was conducted on a manual car, the system was set to its highest setting to produce those figures. Regarding to torque limit I find it hard to believe that Seat would use a gearbox rated at 250nm in a car that produces the same 250nm on paper

I also find it hard...but if you have the chance of trying the box in a DSG car....could you please upload some results? I really want this but since I'm from across the Atlantic...I'd really want to see results with that tranny.

Thank you!!!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

According to VW data it's for use in cars up to 250nm, I would assume they have built in some headroom to that figure for longevity.

How much headroom is the question that would really need answering.

Assuming that it is a DQ200 that is used in the latest Leon 1.8TSI and not any kind of revision upon it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
According to VW data it's for use in cars up to 250nm, I would assume they have built in some headroom to that figure for longevity.

How much headroom is the question that would really need answering.

Assuming that it is a DQ200 that is used in the latest Leon 1.8TSI and not any kind of revision upon it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to ETKA it is the DQ200 =(

szzg.png

8u13.png

Hopefully, it will handle more than 250nm of torque

Jun 15, 2013
When I bought my car I spotted in the brochure that the max torque of the 1.4 TSi and 1.8 TSi was identical except that in the 1.8 it was at slightly higher revs, in every other car I have bought the bigger engine has always had more torque at lower revs. Presuming this to be a misprint I asked at the dealer. The brochure is correct, the simple reason is 250 Nm is the max amount the 7 speed dry clutch DSG box can handle (obviously with a percentage for safety). The manual could handle more torque but for marketing reasons they could not sell the "premium" DSG version with less torque than the manual. Asked why they did not fit the 6 speed wet clutch DSG but just got a shrug of the shoulders.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
So the real question is does this DSG box electronically limit the torque or will it allow more through at the sacrifce of longevity? It would be easier for people who want to tune their car if it limited it itself, that way you could have as much bhp as possiblie without damaging it with the torque, but i doubt it.

Or, you could not give a monkeys and plough as much through as you like on the basis that if you're only going to do 30k and then sell it and let the poor bugger who buys it next run the risk :ban:

Note to self, never buy a second hand car with a dry DSG.

Last edited:

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
When I bought my car I spotted in the brochure that the max torque of the 1.4 TSi and 1.8 TSi was identical except that in the 1.8 it was at slightly higher revs, in every other car I have bought the bigger engine has always had more torque at lower revs. Presuming this to be a misprint I asked at the dealer. The brochure is correct, the simple reason is 250 Nm is the max amount the 7 speed dry clutch DSG box can handle (obviously with a percentage for safety). The manual could handle more torque but for marketing reasons they could not sell the "premium" DSG version with less torque than the manual. Asked why they did not fit the 6 speed wet clutch DSG but just got a shrug of the shoulders.

thanks for that skid pan :)

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Are there any news on the stage 2 tuning project?
I checked both your and sharks webpage but couldnt find any info about it.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Stage 1 kits are available, if you're looking for a stage 2 option we can supply the FSR+ system which can be upgraded once released

Thanks for a quick reply :)
Do you know exactly what the stage 2 will include more than your box?
What is the price for the FSR+ system?

Last edited:

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
The FSR+ system is available now upon request but comes with the stage 2 tune. Once the stage 2 hardware is released the box can be sent back to is for the relevant software .. But in the meantime an FSR+ can be used to give you the power mentioned in my first post :)

If you're interested drop me a pm as we have them in stock and I maybe able to offer some additional discount in return for some feedback to be used on our social media channels

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Sorry forgot nothing was released exhaust wise for the Leon, however (and you will have to check) I would suspect that the 3" downpipe released by milltek or bcs for the golf will fit, but obviously no catback designed by either yet. The downpipe is the most important thing to change on the exhaust so you would see decent gains from adding one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members