Norwich
Anyone know how much the mk3 bucket seats are to buy from main dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Anyone know how much the mk3 bucket seats are to buy from main dealers

I worked out that to buy just the upper cover, upper foam and upper back, came to the hefty sum of ~£1000. The upper cover alone is £412. The lower seat cover (which requires a new foam) £226.

So yeah not cheap. I think the original add on was £1290.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I thought it would be expensive tbh. It’s just I’ve got £15k to spend on a 280 and want one with DSG 5dr and ideally have buckets but I realise that’s not in my budget so wasn’t sure if I sourced them from dealers if it would be better to do that way

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Cheapest way by far would be to buy a car with the buckets already fitted.

Failing that, buy a secondhand pair and try to recover some of the cost by selling the standard seats.

New bucket seats from a dealer are likely to be more expensive than a pair or Recaros, Spracos etc.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Agreed,get a car with them fitted.

Failing that I'd get some proper buckets,e.g Recaro Pole Position,which will always be worth good money when you return the car to standard to sell.

The Seat so called buckets are OK seats, but not the grip you like a vice sort for track days.

The nearest to track day style seats in an affordable road car are those in the Civic R,Fk2 or Fk8.

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
I have a 2016 Cupra 290 Black Edition which came with heated bucket seats as standard.
They are very good and fairly comfortable, but I wouldn’t say they’re amazing.
I don’t think they’re a whole lot better than the non bucket seats.
I certainly wouldn’t spend a lot of money to get them.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
My previous Cupra 280 had the Leather interior and I hated it lol as you would slide around on them and shallow bolster support but my Sub 8 has the buckets and for me they are so much more supportive and comfortable and personally I'd pick them every time if it was possible.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
My previous Cupra 280 had the Leather interior and I hated it lol as you would slide around on them and shallow bolster support but my Sub 8 has the buckets and for me they are so much more supportive and comfortable and personally I'd pick them every time if it was possible.
I concur, compared to full leather the buckets are a lot better.

However that may partially be down to the alcantara vs leather.

That being said the buckets complement the car and for me make the interior that bit more like the car it is.

Reactions: Titchy

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

That being said the buckets complement the car and for me make the interior that bit more like the car it is.

/\ this

Reactions: Damo H

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth

Your right leather does make you slide but that's also down to shallow support on the standard seats and was one of the few things I disliked about my first car and that's exactly what I love about the extra support along with the looks as you said.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Are the bucket seats the same as the Skoda Octavia VRS / Superb Sportline Seats, but with different covers? The Octavia has been around since late 2013, so there are probably a few in a scrappies by now.

Cheap Skoda seats with new Seat Cupra covers fitted, then sell the Skoda covers on?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Might be the fitment is the same, but for sure the bucket seats from the Skoda Octavia VRS are different from the bucket seats on the Seat Leon Cupra.
I can say this with 100% certainty because I had both and always found the Octavia uncomfortable and it gave me back ache... The Cupra is the exact opposite and i can do 600km in a day without even getting tired.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't get the bucket seats in the Cupra as I couldn't justify the price, incorrectly assuming that they were the same as those in the Octavia - however, after owning the vehicle, the useless reversing camera that is dirty and obscures the view after only a few miles during winter road conditions would have been c.25% towards the cost.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Ive got full leather and agree the support isn't as much as I wanted. Even my old Audi s3 8l had better bultser support. However, anyone else not hate that white line down bucket seats? The new 300 buckets look class on the other hand, maybe just upgrade if possible?

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
For me, only the looks is better on those “bucket” versions, other than that the comfort and support on the regular with the Alcantara is great too. And they say that it takes some leg room from the back with the “buckets”?!
Most important is the electric seat funktion, as you can tilt the lower side and set up a much better seating position/leg holding position. So sad that i have the manual movement as the first demo car i drove with the electric seats, i found way better leg support and felt more comfy.
As seats overall, had the Megane 3 RS Cup with the Recaros Sportsters, and so far any other seat cant compare with them, so much side holding and yet so comfort.

Reactions: Jordan Neill

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Ive got full leather and agree the support isn't as much as I wanted. Even my old Audi s3 8l had better bultser support. However, anyone else not hate that white line down bucket seats? The new 300 buckets look class on the other hand, maybe just upgrade if possible?

It's funny as I really like the white line around my buckets as it really sets them off IMO and when you walk back to the car it really highlights them from the outside , the standard seats are really nice as well but I'd take my buckets every time and I'm pretty sure if they where a no cost option so would most other owners.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
It's funny as I really like the white line around my buckets as it really sets them off IMO and when you walk back to the car it really highlights them from the outside , the standard seats are really nice as well but I'd take my buckets every time and I'm pretty sure if they where a no cost option so would most other owners.
Yeah I do agree buckets are better fitting. Maybe it's just me trying to convince myself my seats are good haha

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Yeah I do agree buckets are better fitting. Maybe it's just me trying to convince myself my seats are good haha

Your seats are good and comfortable as I've been in a few with them and I wouldn't complain if I'd ended up with them but for me the buckets just edge them.