1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Mk3 cupra 300 or 290 (latest model)

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS - New Members' started by RYANBRZ, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RYANBRZ

Hi, my name is Ryan I am new to this, so I hope this is the right place to post. I am looking at purchasing my first hot hatch and after many months I have decided to go with a Leon Cupra. I had a test drive of the new 290 but I was not impressed at how quiet the car had sounded. I have watched many videos online and the 300 seems to sound alot more fun to drive. I have not test drove the 300 yet though. I'm wondering if to purchase a year old 290 or to go with the 300. what are your thoughts?

Thanks

2. Betts-4

Betts-4 Active Member

I know the new ones are quieter and if it’s already something on your mind you won’t be happy,I think the 300 is louder from posts I have seen.

If you order brand new it’s taking months to get them,July 10th I ordered and have no build week yet and could be next year !

I’m sure others will have comments but YouTube will help

RYANBRZ likes this.
  3. theoldboy

theoldboy Modified is best

300 every time. you have a better engine to modify if you are interested. probably also get a better spec.

Desire Red is a great color

RYANBRZ likes this.
  4. bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr Delete. Beat. Repeat...

Yep go 300! Welcome to the forum

RYANBRZ likes this.