Mk3 Cupra average range full tank?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Maybe I need to start hitting it a little harder on the pedal haha My max was driving to Germany when I got 440 out of a tank with 4 people in the car, although that was mainly cruising motorway driving.
Maybe you have what I call a Monday engine and the rest of us have Friday engines!

Sorry to bring up MINi’s again, but the Supercharged S’s where Wildly variable on power from the factory. Mine was pushing 240hp after a few simple upgrades (pulley, filter and cooler) where others having spent ££££ weren’t even getting 210. My friend Graham sorted his with an adjustable cam sprocket to better adjust the timing for the remap by West Tuning.

So those getting 400 miles must have a Monday engine and be getting 320hp too lol

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I used to run solely on v power but shell garages near me have been steadily increasing the price to a whopping 144p/ltr now. I refuse to pay that and now have resorted to Momentum 99 which is a more palatable 125p/ltr.

Usually see between 280 - 300 from full to low fuel light. Expect lower or higher if hooning or on motorway cruise. I'll be interested to see how far Tesco fuel fairs.

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I always fill at tesco with 99. Maybe I shall try V power to see what happens.
Reading through the comments I'm now wondering if maybe I'm hoofing it from the line too much then. Usually when the light goes green I'm in 3rd before the car behind has moved. Can't be helped and I don't usually go hard enough to get the turbo spooling. I get a wee DSG fart between 1st and 2nd and it's very addictive listening to it and that's in comfort mode. The car basically lives in auto unless I want to listen to over run then I stick it in manual.
Yup, reading this post back it would appear I'm to blame for shan mileage as I'm addicted to the car!

So next question, I'm looking to get it tuned and for it to have pops and bangs added for more fuel wasting but audible delight. What I want to know is can the map run off a specific setting (ie in cupra mode only) or is it applied across all settings?

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Total mixture of driving in my Cupra. Lifetime is currently @ 36mpg which is frankly ridiculous! There's been plenty of motorway driving, but i also live in city centre full of stop start. Don't hold back when the conditions allow either. Pleasantly surprised. Running on V Power, but i'd be on Tesco 99 if there was a station close enough!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.