Mk3 Cupra R alcantara wheel

IndyFR

Sep 29, 2016
I’ve fitted one from Mewant - it’s for the golf and apart from small areas not covered and the need for some extra padding underneath it on the lower quarters, it fits really nicely, and more importantly it feels amazing, especially in this freezing weather. Thickens the wheel too, which I like.
18f4536ea9c85b9110356e624aecb087.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually looks like it fits really well, how long it take you to fit on and which one exactly did you buy?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

IndyFR

Sep 29, 2016
I’ve fitted one from Mewant - it’s for the golf and apart from small areas not covered and the need for some extra padding underneath it on the lower quarters, it fits really nicely, and more importantly it feels amazing, especially in this freezing weather. Thickens the wheel too, which I like.
18f4536ea9c85b9110356e624aecb087.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also did you have to trim anything down for it to fit?

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Actually looks like it fits really well, how long it take you to fit on and which one exactly did you buy?

Actually looks like it fits really lousy, zoom in the picture, it’s the small details that counts.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Also did you have to trim anything down for it to fit?

This is the one I got.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XuJ...32739176917.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.0DmgSy

It took me about an hour and a half to fit it the first time (which the picture is of). The top half fit was fine, nice and tight but the lower half was slightly big in the middle of the lower rim at 4 and 8 o'clock (you can see the wrinkles in the picture) so I undid it and added some fleece to the inside and restitched it. This has given me a snug fit with no baggy areas (I haven't trimmed anything apart from a small part around the steering wheel buttons so that I could tuck the edge in neatly). The kit came with plenty of thread too, for such an eventuality. And they have some great How-to vids on YouTube to help.

As Major Tom has commented, it's the small things that count and the bits of the original steering wheel surface that aren't covered bugged me at first - not good for my OCD :blink:.

But as time has gone on (and winter ensures I drive mostly in the dark!!) I really don't notice them now, instead enjoying the new feel to my steering wheel. Ideally I wanted a cover that fitted our style of wheel but the Mewant folk, although hugely helpful, weren't able to custom make me one, nor do any of the other fabricators I could find, so I've made do with this for now.

IndyFR

Sep 29, 2016
This is the one I got.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XuJ...32739176917.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.0DmgSy

It took me about an hour and a half to fit it the first time (which the picture is of). The top half fit was fine, nice and tight but the lower half was slightly big in the middle of the lower rim at 4 and 8 o'clock (you can see the wrinkles in the picture) so I undid it and added some fleece to the inside and restitched it. This has given me a snug fit with no baggy areas (I haven't trimmed anything apart from a small part around the steering wheel buttons so that I could tuck the edge in neatly). The kit came with plenty of thread too, for such an eventuality. And they have some great How-to vids on YouTube to help.

As Major Tom has commented, it's the small things that count and the bits of the original steering wheel surface that aren't covered bugged me at first - not good for my OCD :blink:.

But as time has gone on (and winter ensures I drive mostly in the dark!!) I really don't notice them now, instead enjoying the new feel to my steering wheel. Ideally I wanted a cover that fitted our style of wheel but the Mewant folk, although hugely helpful, weren't able to custom make me one, nor do any of the other fabricators I could find, so I've made do with this for now.
Oh ye I see what you mean about the buttons now, oh well minor detail I only drive at night aswel anyway so shouldn't be too noticeable, still looks nice tho I'm gonna order one thanks for the update.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Is it glued or anything, is it removable without any marks?

No glue necessary and will come off without leaving any marks. The kit comes with double sided tape that they advise you to use in their guide but I read in various product feedback that this was more hindrance than help so didn't use it and it was just as easy to fit and sew up.

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
No glue necessary and will come off without leaving any marks. The kit comes with double sided tape that they advise you to use in their guide but I read in various product feedback that this was more hindrance than help so didn't use it and it was just as easy to fit and sew up.

Yeah, don't ever use that tape, but a small bit at the top and maybe bottom if the cover is not snug enough, mine came out all wrinkled because of the tape on my previous car.

Overall looks good to be a cover made for another car, I know it will run me nuts after a while because of the incomplete coverage, but it must feel amazing to the touch, and if it's already dark, then so be it. :happy:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.