mk3 ibiza 1.4 juddering

ibiza s

hi,my mk3 ibiza s 1.4 AUD engine judders/jerks when giving it some gas when doing aprox 10-20 mph,like when slowing for speed bumps then speeding up.The ht leads and plugs have been changed and also the coil i think.I have had somthing similar on other vag group cars when the lamda probe starts to play up.Also if you load the engine by putting it into fith a little early it starts to jerk.It doesnt do it long enough to pin point,please help.cheers

The Hoffi

Always worth a try is the knock sensor. Many people tend to think that the sensor has to be screwed tight to the engine which kills it/makes it working wrong. (thinking engine is knocking all the time)
Locate the knock sensor (should be at the bottom of the engine, usually pointing to the front). Try to get down there with a hammer while the engine is running. When you knock on the bolt that is holding the sensor the idle should go down for a sec and then get back up normal. If this is not happening the sensor is gone.
When fitting the new one do it with the correct torque!!!!!!!! I recall 10Nm for it but not entire sure about it!

Also have a read out of the fault codes, could/should show up with this error BUT MUST NOT! Live try is always worth it!

Good luck!

Jul 4, 2011
i had this problem & i changed my sparks but it carried on juddering, i decided to clean my brakes up (& my word they were dirty for only just buying the car) the amount of brake dust which came out of it looked liked the previous owner had been doing burnouts in the poor thing... i then went on to find one of my discs were slightly warped but not by much.

it's worth taking a look at :) if not clean your engine with redex & give it an oil change & see the results, helped on my mates ibiza which was juddering also :)

hope this helps you out