mk3 ibiza cupra/6n2 polo gti engine swap

20 valve ted

boorrrrm ttsssshhhh
Jul 22, 2007
huddersfield
how similar are the above 2 cars chassis wise as i have an ibiza and my bro has polo and wants more poke(cant keep up with little bro :) )am i right in thinking ibiza engine wound fit quite well? any help would be apreciated

tomo87

yes its a mk5 polo gti...i had a mk5 polo gti before which was a feature car for a mag then i sold it on but decided im not ready to move on from polos yet!
my friend james "shantybeater" on here has a 250hp ibiza and i need something to keep up with him. was going to get a TT but i like small cars with big power and i want something individual.

so its being done at A.P.D Performance in Dorset at the end of june. going for a K03s and revo then see how it goes, i will start a build thread and show my progress

oh ye the old motor.....

photos022vt2.jpg

new one will be pretty similar but black!

tomo87

hopefully try and get some progress shots up but the majority of work will take place whilst im in the maldives for my 21st! woop woop

il get shantybeater to shoot down the garage and take a few snaps

tomo87

ummm we are very close! should be running by this weekend fingers crossed....

as for any info...believe it or not the polo subframe is bigger, gearbox mount is the same but other side needs a custom mount. difficult to fit exhaust though as there is a lump in the bulkhead near the turbo

jsingh_90

Just read this thread, Was wandering what custom parts would be needed. i know that you need different engine mounts, etc. and seat ibiza drive shafts. But does anyone have some sort of list so that i can get all my parts ready. What will have to be custom where by i would have to get some company to weld something etc.

OR is it all different parts from different cars and then plug and play. ?????

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise